Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For folks with 2 Gateways, do things cross charge?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am pretty sure this would cause pretty large issues. You should separate both systems entirely, with no overlapping CT's.

There may be ways to make it work if you really wanted to., the much better solution imo is an automatic or manual transfer switch to backup both sides of the service from the same system.

I am probably not being very clear in my description of what my installer is designing. It is what you are describing. In the final stages now, but install won't start until the last week of February.

Great, hope the installation goes very well. Share some plans if you have them so others may learn from your experience.
I will when I have the final plans done. The Powerwall is coming much later, so the initial plan will only show the solar part. Powerwall is dependent on Tesla getting them out to installers again, and right now it looks like at least May. If I was betting, I would guess more like September or October.