TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

$ for Model 3 test drive near Cleveland

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by DaveInCLE, Apr 5, 2018.

1. DaveInCLE

DaveInCLE New Member

Hi community,

I've seen a few Model 3s in the Cleveland area. I'm hoping this catches a model 3 owner's attention in Cleveland or possibly Columbus. I'm interested in paying someone to let my wife and I test drive their Model 3. About 10 minutes each.

My wife feels that she needs to test drive a car before we buy. I just got an invite to configure RWD, but I'm going to delay for dual motor. So I think the clock is ticking. Turo options are a little out of the way right now, and we really don't need a full day with a car.

Thank you,
    Dave

2. rsantoni

rsantoni Member

If you have access to a Turo rental, don't blink and take it at least a full day. I did it and it was an amazing experience. 10 minutes is not enough. You need to drive it more than that in order to grasp what the car is all about. It is amazing. You will never regret it.

• Like x 1
  3. DaveInCLE

DaveInCLE New Member

I'm pretty sold on it already, but my wife literally wants to sit in it and take a quick drive. The nearest Turo is about 3.5 hours away. We have two little kids and the logistics for that are pretty tough. I'm glad you liked it!

4. dsvick

dsvick Active Member

Hey Dave, check this thread out here. There is a spreadsheet that was started to try to match up people wanting a test drive with people willing to offer them. Offering / Seeking test drives

I'm in the Cleveland area too and would really like test drive - if you find some one can you point them my way too? Where have you seen them? East side? West? I haven't seen one yet.

5. DaveInCLE

DaveInCLE New Member

I'm thinking I might need to make a trek to Dayton. I saw a Turo option there.

If I find someone willing, then I'll definitely spread the word, if the person willing is cool with it.

I live in Aurora. I saw a red one about 2 weeks ago, and I saw a black one around Twinsburg on Monday. There are a number of Model Ss around here, and a Couple Xs. I'm guessing those folks bought them. I'm a little surprised to see RWD. Maybe they are snowbirds, or they are going with winter tires.

6. dsvick

dsvick Active Member

I'm far West side (North Ridgeville) and I regularly see a couple of S's and an X but that's it. I'm still debating the AWD and may just go with RWD and snow tires - it'll come down to how much AWD is.

And, yes, spread the word if you find anyone in the area willing to share. I'd even be happy with just getting the chance to sit in it for now.

7. ntrstngftrmth

ntrstngftrmth Member

Hey. I just listed my newly received Model 3 on Turo in the Canton / Massillon area with unlimited miles and delivery. You can view the page here: TuroModel3.com.

So far it’s been rented every day that it’s been available. There is a lot of interest in the 3! Exciting to see.

8. DaveInCLE

DaveInCLE New Member

That's awesome and congrats! I actually ordered without a test drive. Enjoy!

9. Knightshade

Knightshade Well-Known Member

One thing to check for is when the turo rental was produced... sadly only car in my area is early production, meaning I'd be test driving a car without the suspension change, or the wind noise changes, or the newer seats... which didn't really seem like it'd tell me that much relevant about the later production car I'd be getting.. (I've already sat in one in a showroom, and driven an S using AP a decent bit, so mainly things like handling, ride, and noise are the only things I don't have experience with)

10. timk225

timk225 Active Member

Man, that's crazy. I'd never let someone take my 3 anywhere without me, you know they won't take proper care of it, and will push it hard. What about insurance if they wreck it?

• Like x 1
  11. dano9258

dano9258 Member

Didn't Elon state by next month all stores will have a model 3 to test drive? I'm interested if this will be appointment only for reservations already or just for anyone.