TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

For owners in the DC area -- rumors that Tesla will launch rideshare

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by artsci, Apr 19, 2017.

1. artsci

artsci Sponsor

I heard today from a reporter from the Washington Post that he's thinking of a story about a rumor that Tesla will launch some kind of ride share in the DC area. I told him that I had not heard that rumor but added that I thought it might be appealing to those of us who commute some distance alone and want to reduce carbon emissions.

In any case, he's interested in talking to DC area owners about this. If you have anything to say about this you may want to contact him: Steven Overly, 202-334-9939 or [email protected].

2. Max*

Max* Banned

I don't get it... there are a handful of 3rd party ride sharing platforms, what benefit could Tesla have from launching one too?

3. Sonny Daze

Sonny Daze Member

Money? Isn't Tesla Network part of Mater Plan Part Deux? Why wait 'til the cars are autonomous. Then again, maybe it's just fake news.