Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For owners of the 3. How many miles do you currently have? (and how many problems?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
this is a new one for me: sometimes my car just starts whining... the whirring noise is normal after a charge, but the high pitched whine is really piercing. i can hear it in the house through the garage, which has a laundry room in between.

• Informative
Reactions: CarbonFree
1. I find no benefit to watching the display for the other cars that it shows. I hadn't even noticed and now that i do I don't see what I'm supposed to do with that information if I had it.

2. I haven't noticed this. Maybe I just don't use the turn thing when there is a slower car in the new lane. Generally I want to get in a faster lane not a slower one.

3. I got used to resting my hand on the top of screen and using thumb to quickly hold for 5 mph adjustments or tap for 1 mph. I still prefer the stalk but this isn't that hard of a change to get used to. I used to fiddle with the car following settings on the stalk on ap1, but am not missing it on m3.

4. I don't notice this at all. If anything it seems to drive with more confidence and staying between the lanes better and taking sharper curves with more accuracy and confidence instead of being tentative and slow.

I think overall m3 EAP is better than ap1.

1. Lack of showing correct cars on display. (everything is sedan)
2. Reckless turning, on AP1 it will detect the other lane driving speed before execute turning and matching the speed accordingly
on AP2.5 I've encounter multiples times that the car will accelerates first then brake for adjacent lane if that lane is slower than your current lane.
3. Speed adjustment is inferior compare to AP1, when other cars enter your lane in front of you, on AP1, it will instant matching front car speed. AP2.5 will slowly tweaking the speed. sometime I have to apply brake in order to leave a safe distance.
4. It still losing track of lane marking like AP1 on uphills, even following traffic.

delivered jan 5
1852 miles

+ Rear speakers weren't hooked up (easy fix at SVC)
+ Alignment was off, pulling to the right (SVC fixed)
+ A-pillar trim pieces are not attached well (part ordered, received, going in for fix Monday)
+ Left scroll wheel doesn't register 1:1 with movement (also getting attention Monday)
+ My rearview mirror literally fell off. Weird. Ranger fixed. (He's awesome.)

I'm completely okay with this because I understand i bought early in the production of entirely new car. As long as Tesla keeps up the level of service I've received so far, I'm a happy dude.

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna and NOCO24U
I have delivery next week. Itd be great if there was a checklist to refer to upon picking up the car.
This is one I made in Evernote which allowed me to click on check boxes. I based this on a post I saw somewhere and an outdated Model S checklist. I left everything I had in the checklist even though I wasn't able to check off at the time: Dashcam install 12V source, connects to home WiFi, front license plate holder (mine wasn't installed), and trunk mat (there is none).

Another that should probably be added is Supercharging. Most likely will be Supercharged at the store prior to delivery. You can check that in the charging screen where it will display the results with cost of Supercharging for that last session. You don't want to find out later that Supercharging isn't working on a long trip.

Exterior:
Correct name/address on paperwork?
Correct VIN? Expected VIN:
Correct color? Expected color:
Correct roof? Expected roof:
Correct wheel size and style?
Correct battery size?
Scratches/paint issues?
Panel gaps?
Body damage?
Wheel issues?

Interior:
Correct trim? Expected trim:
Floor mats?
2 RFID cards?
Headliner, seats, carpet clean and no issues?
Center display is clean and clear?
Scroll wheels and stalks move smoothly?
Display shows proper car information (color/battery/etc.)?
Dashcam install 12V source

Frunk:
Frunk mat?
Tow eye under mat?
UMC, J1772, 2 NEMA adapters? (May be in trunk area)
Ask if front license plate is easy to remove

Trunk:
Mat?
Front license plate holder in area under mat?
Rear seats fold down fully and smoothly?
Rear seats lock back into position securely?

Options:
Folding side mirrors?
Enhanced audio?
EAP enabled? (Press car icon on lower left, press Autopilot on menu and you should see Autosteer and Auto Lane Change)
Heated Seats

Operations checks at delivery:
Doors unlock easily and open/close easily?
Add car to Tesla App
Both RFID cards work?
Headlights, DRL, turn indicators, brake lights and backup lights all operate?
Interior lights and vanity mirror lights operate?
Car powers up properly?
Windows roll up/down smoothly?
Charge port door opens smoothly
Glove box opens
Center console opens and closes w/cables included

Operations to check at home:
Connects to home wifi?
Charges from UMC?
Homelink connected to garage door opener?

• Informative
Reactions: robert774
I mean, do you guys walk around your car with a clipboard on delivery day and check all of these? ;)

I will admit, I am usually too excited and blown away by the pretty Tesla lighting, cute Sales girl, and readiness to go 90 down the highway to bring it home to spot anything small minus the big things.

I will try harder this time since its my second delivery.

Sorry, I should have just said “another car.”

I find value in finding out what alternative vehicles people have considered or purchased while waiting for their Model 3 or a refreshed Model S, so I'm glad you provided details instead of leaving it intentionally vague. While this is a Tesla advocacy forum, I don't believe it's necessary to be hush hush about mentioning Clarity or Bolt or Leaf, as long as no ill will was intended. Open discussion should be welcomed, not reprimanded.

This is AMAZING! I'm definitely going to use it this Wednesday, although I gotta say, if there is anything wrong with it, I may not want to give it back :/

This is one I made in Evernote which allowed me to click on check boxes. I based this on a post I saw somewhere and an outdated Model S checklist. I left everything I had in the checklist even though I wasn't able to check off at the time: Dashcam install 12V source, connects to home WiFi, front license plate holder (mine wasn't installed), and trunk mat (there is none).

Another that should probably be added is Supercharging. Most likely will be Supercharged at the store prior to delivery. You can check that in the charging screen where it will display the results with cost of Supercharging for that last session. You don't want to find out later that Supercharging isn't working on a long trip.

Exterior:
Correct name/address on paperwork?
Correct VIN? Expected VIN:
Correct roof? Expected roof:
Correct wheel size and style?
Correct battery size?
Scratches/paint issues?
Panel gaps?
Body damage?
Wheel issues?

Interior:
Correct trim? Expected trim:
Floor mats?
2 RFID cards?
Headliner, seats, carpet clean and no issues?
Center display is clean and clear?
Scroll wheels and stalks move smoothly?
Display shows proper car information (color/battery/etc.)?
Dashcam install 12V source

Frunk:
Frunk mat?
Tow eye under mat?
UMC, J1772, 2 NEMA adapters? (May be in trunk area)
Ask if front license plate is easy to remove

Trunk:
Mat?
Front license plate holder in area under mat?
Rear seats fold down fully and smoothly?
Rear seats lock back into position securely?

Options:
Folding side mirrors?
Enhanced audio?
EAP enabled? (Press car icon on lower left, press Autopilot on menu and you should see Autosteer and Auto Lane Change)
Heated Seats

Operations checks at delivery:
Doors unlock easily and open/close easily?
Add car to Tesla App
Both RFID cards work?
Headlights, DRL, turn indicators, brake lights and backup lights all operate?
Interior lights and vanity mirror lights operate?
Car powers up properly?
Windows roll up/down smoothly?
Charge port door opens smoothly
Glove box opens
Center console opens and closes w/cables included

Operations to check at home:
Connects to home wifi?
Charges from UMC?
Homelink connected to garage door opener?