Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For people in using Energy Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally extracted the billing data for part of the summer period from Energy Australia. Though they're required to supply it on request, I eventually had to go to the Energy Ombudsman to get it actioned.

Anyway, it was as I suspected when I got my most recent bill - they have not been applying daylight saving time (DST) correctly when calculating time of use bills. As a result, I've been charged at shoulder rate for one hour in the evening, when it should have been off-peak rate. Also, one hour at peak rate when it should have been shoulder rate, but the house is almost always running off the battery at that time anyway.

I've put in a request to Energy Australia for them to correct the bill, and dobbed them in the Australian Energy Regulator. Still, other people using their powerwalls in the same way might want to get their bills checked.

Note that retailers vary in their approach to this. In their tariff fact sheets some expressly say that they always use standard time. Energy Australia actually say they'll use DST. If your retailer says nothing either way, then the Standard Time Act (NSW) says that DST applies (in NSW), so don't let them wriggle out with "Oh, we meant we use standard time" because it won't wash. Other states with DST probably have similar legislation, but I haven't checked.

I finally extracted the billing data for part of the summer period from Energy Australia. Though they're required to supply it on request, I eventually had to go to the Energy Ombudsman to get it actioned.

FWIW, With AGL's online system, I can download on-demand half-hour raw usage/billing data, including separated usage and solar feed-in, going back 2 years. Including separate readings for each phase back when the three-phase supply had a separate meter for each phase.
And they do correctly switch for DST - back in Oct, the datapoint timestamps jump from 01:30-01:59 to 03:00-03:29.
AGL can be bagged for many things, but they do this aspect well.