Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For Peple Who Got Home Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long did it take for them to schedule a date and time for your home delivery? Did they just suddenly call you and say that your delivery is scheduled for tomorrow? I have completed all the paperwork and payment and it's been almost a week of nothing. No updates, no responds.Forgot to mention that I already got my VIN and matched with an inventory car from the beginning.

I'm just really really really looking forward to my car, you know? =)

P.s> Did they deliver during daylight hours?

When I got my home delivery over a year and a half ago, I waited 4 months, and did everything as soon as was required. 13 emails from my IDA, no phone calls, as he wouldn't give me a number to call. Tesla finally schedules a delivery date, but the delivery driver calls one day, and I get it a day early. The driver knows, Tesla's dates are always tentative placeholders.

Of course, I was last delivery of day, at night, in Winter, and since the semi can't make it down my narrow dirt road, we meet at a truck stop. ZERO SOC! Driver says he loaded my car like that in the morning, thought the truck stop had superchargers. It doesn't. I push the car back onto the semi, and we take it 10 miles to the supercharger station. Zero SOC isn't always zero SOC, as usually, if you wait you have some juice left, but no, I had to push to help the car make it back into the semi.

Plug it in, and pray it's good. Driver hands me two keycards, has me sign a piece of paper. I tell him to note that my car came with zero SOC, and that was that. 15mins total. How do you inspect a vehicle in winter under a parking lot light at a supercharger?

Thankfully, all my issues have been minor, battery seems okay, still 310 miles of rated range, after its near-death experience.

Reloading my car:
IMG_0804.jpg

What ZERO SOC looks like:
IMG_0805 copy.jpg

When I got my home delivery over a year and a half ago, I waited 4 months, and did everything as soon as was required. 13 emails from my IDA, no phone calls, as he wouldn't give me a number to call. Tesla finally schedules a delivery date, but the delivery driver calls one day, and I get it a day early. The driver knows, Tesla's dates are always tentative placeholders.

Of course, I was last delivery of day, at night, in Winter, and since the semi can't make it down my narrow dirt road, we meet at a truck stop. ZERO SOC! Driver says he loaded my car like that in the morning, thought the truck stop had superchargers. It doesn't. I push the car back onto the semi, and we take it 10 miles to the supercharger station. Zero SOC isn't always zero SOC, as usually, if you wait you have some juice left, but no, I had to push to help the car make it back into the semi.

Plug it in, and pray it's good. Driver hands me two keycards, has me sign a piece of paper. I tell him to note that my car came with zero SOC, and that was that. 15mins total. How do you inspect a vehicle in winter under a parking lot light at a supercharger?

Thankfully, all my issues have been minor, battery seems okay, still 310 miles of rated range, after its near-death experience.

Reloading my car:
View attachment 553137

What ZERO SOC looks like:
View attachment 553138

It's nice that your delivery was in a covered truck. I don't want them to deliver my car to me on a open flatbed. (which is what's probably going to happen) I hope at least they put a car cover on.