Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For recent buyers in CA applied to CVRP rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery on July 2nd at the Carlsbad, Ca delivery center. The service rep gave me barely any documents from Tesla. I want to apply for the CVRP $2000 rebate asap. I have proof of insurance and the Online Tesla Purchase agreement. However, DMV registration papers no yet arrived. Do the DMV give a temporary registration papers, if I go in person? Any other docs that I am missing? Thanks

I took delivery on July 2nd at the Carlsbad, Ca delivery center. The service rep gave me barely any documents from Tesla. I want to apply for the CVRP $2000 rebate asap. I have proof of insurance and the Online Tesla Purchase agreement. However, DMV registration papers no yet arrived. Do the DMV give a temporary registration papers, if I go in person? Any other docs that I am missing? Thanks

You don't need DMV registration papers to apply to CVRP, only for the HOV sticker. CVRP should have a guide for submitting documents for Tesla purchases.

You don't need DMV registration papers to apply to CVRP, only for the HOV sticker. CVRP should have a guide for submitting documents for Tesla purchases.

Below is the CVRP guide indicating proof of vehicle registration. Did anyone get CVRP rebate approval without submitting vehicle registration?

1. Proof of temporary or permanent vehicle registration for the vehicle listed in the application. The applicant's name must be on the registration, and the registration must be current (not expired). For CVRP Rebate Now applicants, this will be required after vehicle purchase or lease.

Below is the CVRP guide indicating proof of vehicle registration. Did anyone get CVRP rebate approval without submitting vehicle registration?

1. Proof of temporary or permanent vehicle registration for the vehicle listed in the application. The applicant's name must be on the registration, and the registration must be current (not expired). For CVRP Rebate Now applicants, this will be required after vehicle purchase or lease.

Temporary registration is what's stuck to the bottom passenger side of your windshield.

• Informative
Reactions: Hiline
I submitted CVRP June 30th, and just got an email yesterday saying it was approved. I should see the rebate within 90 days, the email claims.

Model Y PUP

Lucky. Still waiting for mine submitted March 16. Up to 150 days for those selected for income verification. Looks like I’m still 2 weeks out from that timeline. But they’ll probably add another week or two at this rate. Yay!

Do you still qualify for the rebate if you’ve already sold your vehicle? I’m thinking of selling my car but my rebate application is still being processed.
If you are selling the car, I would tell them to cancel the rebate application. You will have to pay it back anyway due to the 30 month holding period. You would be better off saving your limited quantity of rebates for a vehicle that you plan on keeping for the required duration.