Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For Sale: 2016 Model X 90D - High Mileage - SoCal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

spentan

Dec 26, 2012
SoCal
Hi everyone,

I am putting up one of my fleet's Model X 90Ds up for sale. The vehicle is completely covered in an XPEL PPF wrap as well as XPEL on the Seat Backs/Shiny areas, and has always been washed and maintained as it has been a "Transportation" Fleet Vehicle.

This was the vehicle that TeslaBjorn (Bjorn Nyland), borrowed when he came out to USA and was stranded without a vehicle :)

It has had a Battery replacement a few months ago, as well as new rear motor, new battery heater, and some suspension work (Control Arms). There has been a lot of warranty work done to this vehicle, as it is an early VIN, but it runs great and I believe it has no issues.

Current Mileage is ~178000 miles. But Rated Range at 100% is 249mi (thanks to the new battery). It has AP1 and MCU1

I don't know how to price it, as the cheapest 75D is around $50K, and the cheapest 90D is around $57K on Tesla's Website.

It has been in a couple of fender benders, but always repaired back to factory spec by Amato's in San Diego (Each repair was always around $20K+ even though they looked like small accidents). I can get all the repair orders, as well as the service history, if needed.

I have the title in hand, I'm happy to list it at $50K and see how it goes, but if you're interested, please make me an offer, as I'd like to get a Y for my parents, and put their X into my fleet.

Look forward to some feedback, and offers. Thanks

Neil

Mileage.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 10.34.17 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 10.32.35 AM.png

Lol my trade in quote from Tesla was significantly higher than that.

and they’re known to lowball

Their trade in offers are all over the place depending on current demand. In August last year, they offered me $28k on a 2018 Model 3 LR that I had picked up the previous September and had 18k miles.

At that point they had excess and were lowballing everyone. A few months later inventory dried up and their offers got much, much better, but unfortunately for me, I had already sold mine.

Several months ago I was seeing 2017 X90Ds with miles in the teens in the low $60ks. But I have not kept an eye on the listings recently so those may be long gone and the market much tighter now.

Thanks. Yeah this X is clearly in better condition than that one, but if one were to put high miles on it, it would be at 300k by the time it was out of warranty. I’m not sure if there is a massive difference between an X with 300k miles out of warranty or 500k miles out of warranty. Both a ton of miles.

Anyway, best of luck to OP on the sale.

Everyone loves a bargain though I think the range on the "right price" is quite subjective to the buyer and seller's values. Based on the description it sounds like a high-miled early production car that has had a lot of troubled parts replaced; some view that as a bad thing while others would see that as a good thing. I tend to take the latter position. But I have to say those pictures make the car look immaculate. My Model S with half as many miles has far more road scars and it's really hard to conceal blemishes on a black vehicle.

The higher mileage, lack of vehicle warranty (drive unit and battery warranty should still be intact), and high cost of repair as stated might scare away some folks. On the other hand, the replaced HV battery and control arms could give the car another 150K worry-free miles. I would think there'd be a lot of interest in the $40K-$45K range and interest would decrease as you get closer to Tesla's used pricing.

Great looking car.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
$43,000. I’m happy with the price I got for it.
Sounds like a very fair sales price considering the extreme miles. Tesla trade offers are less than retail but not that much if you factor in what they then retail the car at including a CPO warranty. With the sales tax benefits of trading and the lack of hassles we have traded our Teslas in because time and aggravation have value.

Last edited:
Sounds like a very fair sales price considering the extreme miles. Tesla trade offers are less than retail but not that much if you factor in what they then retail the car at including a CPO warranty. With the sales tax benefits of trading and the lack of hassles we have traded our Teslas in because time and aggravation have value.

First, the OP is from CA. There is no sales tax benefit of trading in.

Second, I’m curious what Tesla will do with such a high mileage car. I don’t think they’ll flip it as Used Inventory. I never looked at EVERY single used inventory car from Tesla, but all the ones I have seen have a limited used warranty of 2 years or until odometer reaches 100k miles. For example, an S that I recently saw on the Tesla website with ~90k miles came with a 2yr/10k limited warranty. Pretty much meaning no warranty.