Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For sale: 2016 S 90D with FSD, lifetime unlimited supercharging, and remaining factory warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
considering how much the used car market has exploded since this thread was first made..and that the seller hasnt upped the initial asking price. Im guessing marketwise, this is a VERY good price/deal at this time?
I'd say so.

1 - used model S's are few and far between as Tesla isn't producing any new ones right now.
2- as energy costs keep going up...free unlimited supercharging is worth more and more.

So like I've said since the beginning, our reason for considering selling would be to buy a new Model Y. It's not a need, it's not a huge desire, it's something we'd do if the price is right. A large part of the process for determining the price for our S was based on the cost of a new Y & how much we were willing to spend in addition to the proceeds from selling our S for the Y, essentially, how much more is a new Y worth to us than our existing S. And we'd settled at around $10-12k maximum. Because while the Y would add the benefits of a new car warranty & more range/faster supercharging, it also has a lot of cons due to features it would be missing compared to our S (free unlimited supercharging, free premium connectivity, opening sunroof, battery heater, heated wiper blades, dual screens, etc). So when we didn't sell our S back when we first considered it in the fall we invested money into our S to keep it long term, buying winter tires/rims (which would be included in the sale of the car) and the MCU2 upgrade. Since our original thought of selling Tesla has also increased the price of the Model Y by $2500.

Now a new Y as we would order it in white, black interior, tow hitch $1k, FSD $10k - $62,490 + $1200 dest/doc = $63,690. With tax, title, and license plates it would be about $68.5-$69k. Then we'd end up spending another $2000 for winter rims/tires, another $2000 for PPF, a few hundred $ for WeatherTech floormats for winter & the additional BlackVue dashcam to supplement Sentry Mode, and that's just to get it comparable to our S & doesn't count tint... So the cost just to get started would be over $73k. So I'd think now we'd have to get $60k for our S to make the switch & I don't think we'd be willing to go any lower than $60k now. Current mileage is 60,875 as of this morning. We are going to test drive a Y again tomorrow to reevaluate it as compared to our S.

You don't need to justify your list price man.

Not everyone needs to win the race to the bottom of the price game nor is everyone desperate to sell a car. I can't stand all of these "experts" running around telling people what they should sell their items for on this forum. As if they're some authority on the topic. My guess is the motivator for most is the desire to own something they can't afford or to get a "deal" with their shenanigans. This forum is the ONLY one I've been on that freely lets bullies and trolls turn their marketplace toxic and it's running many members off, especially if this section is their only interaction with the community.

As a result I've adopted a personal policy to avoid selling ANYTHING on the TMC Marketplace. I sell tons of stuff via other avenues and it's far less annoying. The only downside is that others here have adopted the same policy which GREATLY impacts the available cars/parts/etc. others have to choose from on this forum.

Your list price is what you're willing to sell something for. Period. No justification required. If someone wants it, there's the price. If they think it's too high, move along. Someone else probably wants EXACTLY this car and is willing to pay what it's worth to get what they want. That's the buyer. All of these other people who base their "expertise" on some scam listings they saw can send a PRIVATE message to discuss pricing. You don't owe them anything man.

Best of luck with the sale. It seems like a really nice car and I'm sure the next owner is going to love it.

What is the worth of FUSC? Assuming one drives 12K miles a year, and get 330 WH/mile, that is 4000 KHW per year.

I have solar, so my cost is at most 10 cents/KWH (if not free), so that costs me $400 per year tops. IF you pay for SC and have no home or office charging, that may be 40 cents/KWH max, so the cost becomes $1.6K per year. I just don't see people willing to pay a lot more for FUSC on older cars.

What is the worth of FUSC? Assuming one drives 12K miles a year, and get 330 WH/mile, that is 4000 KHW per year.

I have solar, so my cost is at most 10 cents/KWH (if not free), so that costs me $400 per year tops. IF you pay for SC and have no home or office charging, that may be 40 cents/KWH max, so the cost becomes $1.6K per year. I just don't see people willing to pay a lot more for FUSC on older cars.
On a road trip Supercharging is quite expensive. Other owners have said that paid Supercharging costs as much as gas for a Prius. Supercharging costs way more than $0.10/kWH. We only use Supercharging for road trips & based on our usage reports from Tesla we are saving hundreds of dollars per road trip.

Reactions: Ciaopec
I have not seen SC's charge more than 40 cents/KHW. A 1K mile trip will need 330 KWH,, or $132. How many 1K mile trips you take per year? And you can fully charge from home prior to the trip, so the first 300 miles is much cheaper.

That SC savings pale in comparison against the higher maintenance cost on a Tesla out of warranty.

I have not seen SC's charge more than 40 cents/KHW. A 1K mile trip will need 330 KWH,, or $132. How many 1K mile trips you take per year? And you can fully charge from home prior to the trip, so the first 300 miles is much cheaper.

That SC savings pale in comparison against the higher maintenance cost on a Tesla out of warranty.
1k mile trip? Most of our road trips are 4000-5000 miles total.

This is a thread about Teslas for sale not a discussion of the merits of FUSC or not. Why not take it elsewhere? You obviously don't see the value so move on.

I can appreciate yoiur point of view. This looks great! I have a Model Y order in place now but this intrigues me. Do you still have it? How many miles currently. Does it have air suspension? I'm a little older and getting in and out of low cars is getting harder.

I can appreciate yoiur point of view. This looks great! I have a Model Y order in place now but this intrigues me. Do you still have it? How many miles currently. Does it have air suspension? I'm a little older and getting in and out of low cars is getting harder.
We still have it. 78,490 miles as of this morning. No air suspension, I didn't want that because they're notoriously unreliable & expensive to repair.

A new Y is up to $70k now, so with TTL it'll cost more than $76k, add in winter rims/tires & PPF and we're over $80k. So we'd need to get a minimum of $70k now to sell our S. Plus Supercharging prices just went way up in states with time based billing, which are the majority of states we would use Superchargers in on road trips, so that makes our free supercharging even more valuable.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what are RCC cameras and why can't you get the FSD Beta? I just purchased a car much like yours (2016.5 with paid for FSD) so I'm wondering if I'll be affected as well.
AP2.5 introduced RCCB cameras instead of RCC cameras like AP2.0 cars have. There's lots more info in these 2 threads:
Although this one is quite long...

• Informative
Reactions: nicedrum