Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • TMC Podcast is streaming live right now. You can watch and particpate in the live chat on YouTube. We are talking about what's next for FSD, Enhanced Autopilot, and much more.

For Sale - 2017 Model S P100D, Low Miles

How do you guys know this regarding FUSC transferability? I have read this a few times on this forum, but have not been able to find anything in writing from Tesla. My understanding was that it was hit and miss whether or not Tesla would transfer the FUSC when the vehicle was sold from person to another without an intermediary.

Not trying to start a flame-war or prove how correct I could be; just want to have some facts here as I also have a FUSC Model S for sale. Regarding transferability, I tend to put responsibility on the buyer as part of due diligence though I would like to know the letter of the law myself.
The buyer can't find anything out about your vehicle, tesla won't give information about a car you don't own so seller needs to get the facts right.
The only way to know for sure is to look at the source code in the vehicle details on your tesla account and search for SC01. If it has that then it's transferred. Details here

How do you guys know this regarding FUSC transferability? I have read this a few times on this forum, but have not been able to find anything in writing from Tesla. My understanding was that it was hit and miss whether or not Tesla would transfer the FUSC when the vehicle was sold from person to another without an intermediary.

Not trying to start a flame-war or prove how correct I could be; just want to have some facts here as I also have a FUSC Model S for sale. Regarding transferability, I tend to put responsibility on the buyer as part of due diligence though I would like to know the letter of the law myself.
Read my posts. This for sale thread is not the place for this conversation.

You'll have SC01 or SC05 transfer code, SC01 always transfers... everything else does not. It's really that simple.

If you don't know what you have, Google is your friend.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC