Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For Sale - 2017 Model S P100D, Low Miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you guys know this regarding FUSC transferability? I have read this a few times on this forum, but have not been able to find anything in writing from Tesla. My understanding was that it was hit and miss whether or not Tesla would transfer the FUSC when the vehicle was sold from person to another without an intermediary.

Not trying to start a flame-war or prove how correct I could be; just want to have some facts here as I also have a FUSC Model S for sale. Regarding transferability, I tend to put responsibility on the buyer as part of due diligence though I would like to know the letter of the law myself.
The buyer can't find anything out about your vehicle, tesla won't give information about a car you don't own so seller needs to get the facts right.
The only way to know for sure is to look at the source code in the vehicle details on your tesla account and search for SC01. If it has that then it's transferred. Details here

How do you guys know this regarding FUSC transferability? I have read this a few times on this forum, but have not been able to find anything in writing from Tesla. My understanding was that it was hit and miss whether or not Tesla would transfer the FUSC when the vehicle was sold from person to another without an intermediary.

Not trying to start a flame-war or prove how correct I could be; just want to have some facts here as I also have a FUSC Model S for sale. Regarding transferability, I tend to put responsibility on the buyer as part of due diligence though I would like to know the letter of the law myself.
Read my posts. This for sale thread is not the place for this conversation.

Reactions: TessP100D

You'll have SC01 or SC05 transfer code, SC01 always transfers... everything else does not. It's really that simple.

If you don't know what you have, Google is your friend.

Reactions: TessP100D
How do you find the transfer code on a model S? I know mine transfers but I don't know where that information (the SC01 code) is stored and can be seen. I assume somewhere on the app. I am trying to catch up on lingo, I assume FUSC stands for free unlimited super charging.

How do you find the transfer code on a model S? I know mine transfers but I don't know where that information (the SC01 code) is stored and can be seen. I assume somewhere on the app. I am trying to catch up on lingo, I assume FUSC stands for free unlimited super charging.
Easy. I called Tesla and they confirmed that they screwed almost everybody including me. Lol

The buyer can't find anything out about your vehicle, tesla won't give information about a car you don't own so seller needs to get the facts right.
The only way to know for sure is to look at the source code in the vehicle details on your tesla account and search for SC01. If it has that then it's transferred. Details here

So you have to call Tesla? You can't just find it somewhere on my app or on my online account?

Reactions: ngng

It should show in the URL of the car package whether or not it is transferrable. I would not put it in the responsibility of the buyer as they cannot call Tesla or get any info about a car that they do not own. Tesla will only provide this info to the owner. You can always call Tesla, too.

The dates were documented in various articles online.

I would not put it in the responsibility of the buyer as they cannot call Tesla or get any info about a car that they do not own. Tesla will only provide this info to the owner. You can always call Tesla, too.

I agree, but it's not entirely true that Tesla won't provide this information. I've asked repeatedly to my local Tesla dealer/SC, and they've always provided me with the info of whether or not a particular car would transfer. But yes, someone's they won't...but sometimes they will

Ha! Exactly. And I thought of how I have called them and gotten this info, and other times they simply would not give it out. So, I think that it isn't fair to put that responsibility on the buyer.
The seller of a Tesla should know or should find out if they have a transferable code.
better yet, if the car came with lifetime SC, then is reasonably should transfer…. It’s part of the car. Of course Tesla sees this as a way to screw 2nd buyers.

The seller of a Tesla should know or should find out if they have a transferable code.
better yet, if the car came with lifetime SC, then is reasonably should transfer…. It’s part of the car. Of course Tesla sees this as a way to screw 2nd buyers.
This isn't accurate. Just because a car has lifetime free supercharging does not mean it transfers.

The problem is that people often confuse the two different types of free lifetime supercharging that had a clear line of delineation based upon date ordered and delivered. Specifically it had to be ordered prior to January 14th 2017 and delivered prior to May of the same year. I don't remember the exact date of the delivery deadline but you can look it up if it's in question.

Prior to that date, the first version of unlimited supercharging for life transferred from owner to owner in perpetuity. After that date, it was only for the original buyer of the car which was clearly stated in the marketing. Upon transfer, the free supercharging for life went away.

Tesla discovered a couple of years ago that they were having a capacity issue with their superchargers and, rather than build more of them at a quicker rate, they decided to try to remove the unlimited free supercharging for life retroactively on any cars they took in on trade. That's the only gray area in this conversation because it's wholly dependent upon if the car was ever traded into Tesla and when that was done.

For sale threads are not really the place for these conversations though. I just wanted to clear up some misinformation in case anyone interested in buying this car was misled by statements made here.

• Informative
Reactions: Krash and diggity
This isn't accurate. Just because a car has lifetime free supercharging does not mean it transfers.

The problem is that people often confuse the two different types of free lifetime supercharging that had a clear line of delineation based upon date ordered and delivered. Specifically it had to be ordered prior to January 14th 2017 and delivered prior to May of the same year. I don't remember the exact date of the delivery deadline but you can look it up if it's in question.

Prior to that date, the first version of unlimited supercharging for life transferred from owner to owner in perpetuity. After that date, it was only for the original buyer of the car which was clearly stated in the marketing. Upon transfer, the free supercharging for life went away.

Tesla discovered a couple of years ago that they were having a capacity issue with their superchargers and, rather than build more of them at a quicker rate, they decided to try to remove the unlimited free supercharging for life retroactively on any cars they took in on trade. That's the only gray area in this conversation because it's wholly dependent upon if the car was ever traded into Tesla and when that was done.

For sale threads are not really the place for these conversations though. I just wanted to clear up some misinformation in case anyone interested in buying this car was misled by statements made here.
Look. The car came with ULS brand new. It should remain that way no matter who owns the car. It’s part of the car.
it’s simple.