Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For Sale - 2017 Model S P100D, Low Miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes it is. It’s not that complicated.
It's not complicated so long as you accept reality which is what was already stated. These are facts on FUSC and how it does & doesn't transfer, not opinion.

The in-service date on this car appears to be 9/15/2017 based on the warranty expiration date. This is WELL beyond when they stopped giving new cars SC01. Thus, this car does NOT have SC01 and no other forms of FUSC will transfer to the next owner. These are undeniable facts. There is no gray area.

You're the one trying to complicate this to your own benefit on a rather large sale which isn't a good look. It's one thing to realize you may have been wrong, admit it and then try to set things right. It's an entirely other thing to be told and time again that you're misrepresenting your item and continue to push back against what isn't opinion but fact.

Reactions: morbidz
It's not complicated so long as you accept reality which is what was already stated. These are facts on FUSC and how it does & doesn't transfer, not opinion.

The in-service date on this car appears to be 9/15/2017 based on the warranty expiration date. This is WELL beyond when they stopped giving new cars SC01. Thus, this car does NOT have SC01 and no other forms of FUSC will transfer to the next owner. These are undeniable facts. There is no gray area.

You're the one trying to complicate this to your own benefit on a rather large sale which isn't a good look. It's one thing to realize you may have been wrong, admit it and then try to set things right. It's an entirely other thing to be told and time again that you're misrepresenting your item and continue to push back against what isn't opinion but fact.
Take it easy there pilgrim. What I’m saying is when Tesla sold the car, they didn’t go into any ‘’codes’’. They said full lifetime SC. The truth is it doesn’t transfer. Which I believe it should. that’s all.

Take it easy there pilgrim. What I’m saying is when Tesla sold the car, they didn’t go into any ‘’codes’’. They said full lifetime SC. The truth is it doesn’t transfer. Which I believe it should. that’s all.
We're in agreement then because we both agree that it _should_ but the reality is that it doesn't. I know there was fine print when they changed that to just the original owner so their legal bases are covered in that respect. Whether they told you are prominently displayed them are another thing entirely but I do know that it was known at the time that this "new" version of free Supercharging was for the original owner only.

Don't even get me started on Tesla removing the version prior to that which WAS transferrable from owner to owner from trade-ins. That's a whole other level of shady BS they're pulling there.

Selling my incredible 2017 Model S P100D for $80,000.00.

California only car, always garaged, 32,888 miles. New Michelin Pilot Sport OEM tires on 21’’ Turbine wheels.
Recently serviced by Tesla

Ludicrous Package with Ludicrous Plus
Enhanced Autopilot
Performance Package
GPS Enabled Home Link
Cream Premium Interior
Premium Upgrade Package
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
Glass Roof
Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler
Free Unlimited Supercharging
EMMC chip replaced by Tesla
Software version - 2021.24.28
Frontal PPF
Chrome Delete
Expel Ceramic windshield coating
0-60 in 2.3 seconds
Black Carpet Mats
Black Wet Weather Mats
car cover
Power Lift Gate
Premium Connectivity
charging cord and adapters
Lifting Pucks
Drive Warranty & Battery Warranty through 9/15/2025

Car is garaged in Redlands, CA.

Lots of photos available

PM if your interested.
Is the car still for sale? Please provide Vin #. Thank you!

Read my posts. This for sale thread is not the place for this conversation.
Oddly, you keep posting about Free Unlimited Supercharging (FUSC) transferability even though this is not the place for it. Apologies to the OP for this rant, but it should at least function as a bump to the top.

Ostrichsak appears to be an FUSC transfer subject matter expert. Could it be sellers might not need to look-up source codes, but perhaps Tesla just wants to keep the transfer of Free Unlimited Supercharging as muddled as possible and quite simply, the results may vary?

Like the OP, I am selling a Model S. Both of our "For Sale" threads are full of the Free Unlimited Supercharging transfer experts telling us what is and is not factual with no supporting evidence from Tesla. I am going to suggest all the self-appointed subject matter experts who do not have definitive evidence of what is and is not transferable just stay off of the For Sale threads unless they are planning on purchasing the vehicles in question.

Not saying I know better as I do not. I would like to know and I am sure potential buyers want to know definitively what is or is not transferable from an (original) owner to a buyer with no intermediary auction, dealer, etc. I am just tired of people chiming-in with their expertise quoting other threads and saying "it is well documented." I think Tesla Motors will determine what will or will not transfer if a seller and buyer ask, though Tesla might not consistently provide the same answer in each instance.

Best of luck with the sale TessP100D!

Last edited:
Oddly, you keep posting about Free Unlimited Supercharging (FUSC) transferability even though this is not the place for it. Apologies to the OP for this rant, but it should at least function as a bump to the top.

Ostrichsak appears to be an FUSC transfer subject matter expert. Could it be sellers might not need to look-up source codes, but perhaps Tesla just wants to keep the transfer of Free Unlimited Supercharging as muddled as possible and quite simply, the results may vary?

Like the OP, I am selling a Model S. Both of our "For Sale" threads are full of the Free Unlimited Supercharging transfer experts telling us what is and is not factual with no supporting evidence from Tesla. I am going to suggest all the self-appointed subject matter experts who do not have definitive evidence of what is and is not transferable just stay off of the For Sale threads unless they are planning on purchasing the vehicles in question.

Not saying I know better as I do not. I would like to know and I am sure potential buyers want to know definitively what is or is not transferable from an (original) owner to a buyer with no intermediary auction, dealer, etc. I am just tired of people chiming-in with their expertise quoting other threads and saying "it is well documented." I think Tesla Motors will determine what will or will not transfer if a seller and buyer ask, though Tesla might not consistently provide the same answer in each instance.

Best of luck with the sale TessP100D!
I post when misinformation is being presented as fact. This presentation of make believe as fact is what's "muddling" the topic. Case in point, your very post claiming to not understand the topic yourself but then openly scolding me for providing the very information you lack. You can lead a horse to water and all that.

It's widely known that Tesla announced that only cars ordered prior to the end of 2016 would have FUSC. They then extended it two week into 2017 at the last minute. If the car in question was ordered AFTER 1/14/2017 it does NOT have transferrable free supercharging. Full stop. There is no caveat to this so if you're reading and the car in question was ordered after this date it will NOT transfer no matter what idiot at Tesla told you what.

If the car was ordered prior to that date, it had to be delivered prior to 4/15/2017 as well. So, even if the car was ordered prior to 1/14/2017 if you took delivery after 4/15/2017 it will NOT have transferrable FUSC.

Due to these dated gates, no 100D was ever made with FUSC that was transferrable. Every car made/delivered after those dates had free supercharging for the original owner only. It did NOT transfer beyond the original owner.

All of these dates are definitive and there is no gray area. That's all factual and widely known and has been discussed ad nauseum in the past, even on this forum. You can research yourself if you don't believe me and I would advise you do exactly that. To get your started, here's an article by Find My Electric that summarizes everything I've said.

Where things start to get interesting is if the car was every traded back into Tesla. At a certain point a couple of years ago Tesla began removing FUSC from cars that had it when they took them in on trade. In their mind, a new agreement was entered into between Tesla & the new buyer making this practice legal. Nobody has ever challenged it (read: sue them over it) so they basically got away with it. This is the only gray area in this conversation but it means that cars that should have it may not. At no point does it mean that those that didn't get it would suddenly get it. So while it's a bit of gray area it's a one-way street and it only leads to it potentially being removed.

For all of the cars that I owned that had it, I logged into my Tesla account and captured screen grabs as well as any documentation I had (Tesla lies... a lot. I get everything in writing) and provided that to the buyer whenever I sold them in case they had to fight Tesla should they ever remove it. As long as the car had it to begin with (not the version that was meant for the original owner only after those dates mentioned) and was never traded back into Tesla, they can't remove it. Contractually.

If the seller can't provide something in writing then the buyer is setting themselves up for potential disappointment by taking their word or their word on what Tesla told them. None of that will hold up should they discover it isn't on the car after they take over ownership.

So yeah, I've posted on a couple of threads lately in an effort to clear up miscommunication. This is how inaccurate info becomes "fact" because it gets posted a couple of times and everyone just accepts it as fact even though it isn't. I've made efforts over the years (less so lately) to try to help keep facts straight as it's a convoluted topic but as time passes I have less desire to try to help keep accurate info out there.

Threads like this one are exactly why I don't bother anymore. I waste time typing up all of the facts for those unwilling or unable to do the research themselves and, instead of people appreciating the knowledge transfer I get a few people who don't know anything about the topic coming at me personally. At some point it's up to the buyer to do their own due diligence the way I do whenever I buy an expensive item. I've bought and sold 7 used Tesla Model S's now from 2013-2017 and have some pretty decent first-hand knowledge on this topic to draw from. I'm just trying to help those out there who are interested in buying maybe their first Tesla from being told their car has something that it doesn't only to find out later the seller had no idea what they were talking about or intentionally mislead them.

On July 5, 2022 Ostrichsak said, “Due to these dated gates, no 100D was ever made with FUSC that was transferrable.”

I must beg to differ.

I currently own a 2017 Model S P100D that I bought in August 2021 from a private individual (I found it on eBay) and I can confirm that it *definitely* has FUSC (and free premium connectivity).

It all transferred fully to me from the previous owner (who also was not the original owner).

After we traded I had to submit photos of the front and back of the Title document (and, I think, a photo of my drivers license for identification) to Tesla for them to transfer it to my name and so it would show up on the Tesla app on my phone. It took about 5 business days to transfer.

I’m not trying to be argumentative but when Ostrichsak said that no 100D was *ever* (my emphasis) made with FUSC that was transferable, I knew first-hand that that was not entirely accurate.

On July 5, 2022 Ostrichsak said, “Due to these dated gates, no 100D was ever made with FUSC that was transferrable.”

I must beg to differ.

I currently own a 2017 Model S P100D that I bought in August 2021 from a private individual (I found it on eBay) and I can confirm that it *definitely* has FUSC (and free premium connectivity).

It all transferred fully to me from the previous owner (who also was not the original owner).

After we traded I had to submit photos of the front and back of the Title document (and, I think, a photo of my drivers license for identification) to Tesla for them to transfer it to my name and so it would show up on the Tesla app on my phone. It took about 5 business days to transfer.

I’m not trying to be argumentative but when Ostrichsak said that no 100D was *ever* (my emphasis) made with FUSC that was transferable, I knew first-hand that that was not entirely accurate.
P100D is not 100D. Words have meaning. My statement stands as accurate.

Reactions: splffgates