Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For Sale: 2017 Model S P100D with LOW Mileage, MCU Upgrade, and Extended Warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Then I don't need to educate you on how a trade-in works, but you missed my point.

Tesla makes money on TSLA value, so it is in Tesla's best interest to get cars sold. the number of cars sold in a quarter helps to drive their valuation in either direction. Therefore, what they offer you in a trade-in is irrelevant to what the open market will pay you for your car because their interest is in driving TSLA price up, nothing else.

The difference, obvious yet perhaps not enough, is that when you trade it into Tesla you will be leaving in another Tesla. If you were to sell the car to me, for example, you would be leaving with whatever amount we agreed upon in whatever form of a payment.

What would be more interesting, and likely prove my point, is to get a BUY offer from anyone of the places that will actually buy your car without forcing you in the driver's seat of something else. That's going to indicate something closer to the wholesale price of the car, as you know.

...then again, maybe Tesla has changed and they buy cars directly from the public without you leaving in another Tesla?
Do they guarantee the trade in value on a transaction that might be more than six months away?

FWIW my high mile (85k) single owner (friend) 2018 P100d with literally everything but transferable SC was $55k in Feb based on a wholesale broker offer.

Tesla offered me 88.9k for a trade in, so I think this is fair considering everything it has. I just thought i’d try to sell it to someone who’d actually benefit from all the added stuff VS giving it to tesla and them stripping it of everything. i’m in no rush to sell, let alone sell to low ball offers when I have a valid offer from tesla
Did you sell this car Phionix?

still avail?
also your pics were used on one of those craigslist scammer posts. I looked on craigslist and emailed someone about a p100d, they sent me all of these exact pics via email and then told me the car was located in storage somewhere out in the middle of the US. Obvi scam, but now I see where they got the pics from lol.

still avail?
also your pics were used on one of those craigslist scammer posts. I looked on craigslist and emailed someone about a p100d, they sent me all of these exact pics via email and then told me the car was located in storage somewhere out in the middle of the US. Obvi scam, but now I see where they got the pics from lol.

Another member from Salinas : )

Reactions: r0bgj