Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For Sale: 2018 M3, AWD, FSD for $47.5k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Basics:
  • Year: 2018
  • Model: 3
  • Battery: Long-Range
  • Drivetrain: Dual Motor All-Wheel-Drive
  • Color: Deep Blue Metallic
  • Interior: Black & White
  • AutoPilot: Full Self-Driving Capability
  • Miles: 30k
  • Price: $47,500
  • Link to pictures: Tesla photos

Geeky Specs:
  • AP Hardware 2.5 (v3.0 coming in Q1)
  • VIN: 96k (Sept Delivery)
  • EPA (original) range when new: 310 Miles
  • Premium connectivity is not free
  • 95% highway miles from road trips (my city/commute is 3 miles total)
  • No accidents
  • 100% charge: 283 (w/ 20-inch wheels selected in settings)
  • Watt-hours per-mile w/ 18’s = 285, with 20’s = 330
  • Only leather is the steering wheel
  • Charges up to 48 amps at 240 volts = +/- 40 miles per hour
  • Supercharges up to 250 KW = +/- 1021 miles per hour
Upgrades:
  • Late 2019 rear underbody aero panel with a stock removable plate for an optional hitch. I never ended up installing the Eco-Hitch for my bikes.
  • Custom 20-inch silver-metallic powder coated & ceramic-coated turbine wheels.
  • All-weather (Tesla brand) OEM mats.
Reason for sale:

Selling to buy a house. Sad to see it go, the best car I’ve ever owned. But a Tesla with FSD is a bit overkill when I can literally walk to my office.

The wheels:

Custom 20 x 8.5 (square setup) silver-metallic powder coated & ceramic coated (Gtechniq) turbine wheels. Wheels are new, the design comes from an anniversary edition of the Infiniti FX SUV. I wanted something unique and I got it. Had to custom make the center caps. Wheel weight is about 30 lbs if I remember right. Bolt pattern is same as Tesla at 5x114.3. Offset is stock +35. No spacers needed. It has a hub-centric aluminum ring from 66.1 to 64.1mm. No curb rash.

AND comes with stock 18-inch wheels, aero-covers, caps, etc, NO TIRES for the 18’s. No curb rash.

Tires:
  • Goodyear Eagle, Sport All-season
  • 245/35 R-20 95W XL
  • Treadwear 560, AA-A
  • 3 months old with 6k miles of a 50,000-mile warranty

Negotiables:

We can work out some details, like:
  • Don’t want the 20’s? You’ll get the 18’s but the cost is $200 more as I’ll have to pay $1136.88 for 4 new OEM Michelin tires (TireRack price) + $80 mount/balance. I’ll sell the 20’s to a waiting buyer that wants them already. Or you tell me what tires you want and I'll get them on/ready for you at cost.
  • Don’t want the 18’s? (wheels only) Take $400 off.
  • Have your own wheel-set ready to go? Take $1000 off. Ship them to me and i’ll have them swapped and ready for you.

• Don’t need all-weather mats? Take $100 off.
  • Don’t need the 30 amp wall charger? Take $150 off.
  • Don’t need the car? 100% off!! Looking is free, touching costs extra ;-)

FAQ 1

Q: Can you clarify what the price of the 20's would mean?

A: The 18's currently have no tires/no-rubber, cost for new rubber on the factory 18's is $1136.88 for 4 new OEM Michelin tires (TireRack price) + $80 mount/balance.

I would then sell 20’s (what you see on the car) to a waiting buyer that wants them already (offering me $1k).

So I'd be at a net loss of $200 if you didn't want the 20-inch wheels, so it's ironically an upcharge.

CarFax fyi.

Sidenote: it's hilarious how out of date all these legacy auto companies are in the world of software builds affecting the value of a care, eg: FSD.

Attachments

• CARFAX 2018 TESLA MODEL 3_ 5YJ3E1EB3JF096546.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 81
Oh man, i'm glad someone out there likes the regular interior, since day 1 the white interior was the only one for me by a long shot, so much so that i waited (almost lost the full tax credit) and was forced to get the AWD option since it was bundled back then.
No way! I like the black because there is no way I would be able to keep the white super clean and it would drive me insane. I didn't actually care for the white until a friend ordered a white on white and it actually looks very nice.
I guess given everything else, i could maybe change my mind on that but yeah, we have black interior on our 3 and love it. But yeah, I noticed that as I was looking through cars for sale on Tesla that darn white option is VeRY popular LOL

Love the white interior. My bum appreciates not getting burned any longer when I get in the car. So far, been easy to keep clean, even with two kids.
Serious question, not trying to poke fun or anything but do you really not have one smudge on it??? This is really what keeps me from liking it. I hadn't thought about the fact that yeah, at least my butt won't burn!!

but what about pant wear, like your blue jeans rubbing on the white everyday, no staining of any kind? very curious as I would reconsider if it really is this miraculous fabric (that even my friend said they researched and even spilling wine didn't stain it) so that's why they go it.

Serious question, not trying to poke fun or anything but do you really not have one smudge on it??? This is really what keeps me from liking it. I hadn't thought about the fact that yeah, at least my butt won't burn!!

but what about pant wear, like your blue jeans rubbing on the white everyday, no staining of any kind? very curious as I would reconsider if it really is this miraculous fabric (that even my friend said they researched and even spilling wine didn't stain it) so that's why they go it.

Will report in a few months. I usually wear shorts, not jeans, even in winter (God bless San Diego weather).

I am not alone, however, look around for other reports. It really is a great fabric they came up with.

Reactions: dodukes

15 months in, 30k miles, wear jeans all the time, all "stains" literally just wipe right off. No issues. Hard to call it a stain if it doesn't stain lol. love it. I believe it's made by company called Ultra Fabrics, and after my first-hand experience, they named their company accurately.

15 months in, 30k miles, wear jeans all the time, all "stains" literally just wipe right off. No issues. Hard to call it a stain if it doesn't stain lol. love it. I believe it's made by company called Ultra Fabrics, and after my first-hand experience, they named their company accurately.
that's awesome, i might have to reconsider if i see a white interior then! thanks!

Reactions: Gouldness
If you can walk to work how did you get to 30k miles so quick? That’s a lot of miles in 18 months.

*16 months now

Great question. Many of my close friends and most of my family are over an hour away from me in 2 different directions (north - Ocala and south - tampa) and I love to drive/road-trip and to see launches at the cape (KSC member and huge SpaceX geek) which is the opposite side of Florida *bonus they have a free tesla charger at Kennedy Space Center.

So I've always racked up lots of miles, almost none of them are from my commute, which is prob 2.5 miles round trip. I do bike and sometimes jog to the office, but i've been lazy. My goal is to wait a few weeks before buying a replacement car (probably a Volt) and see how i like bike-commuting.