Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For Sale: 2020 / Model 3 / Long Range AWD / Pearl White / $48,000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2020 / Model 3 / Long Range AWD / Pearl White / $48,000

2020 Used Tesla Model 3 Long Range AWD - Danville, CA
Long Range All-Wheel Drive
Pearl White Paint
18” Aero Wheels
All Black Premium Interior
Autopilot

All Weather Floor Liners
All Weather Cargo Mats (for Trunk & Frunk)
Roof Rack
Snow Chain - 18" Pewag Sport RSS 76
14-50 Gen 2 NEMA Adapter (for faster home charging)
Does not have HOV stickers

Like New Condition
Less than 7k miles
Rear driver-side wheel is brand new (as of start of July) after an unfortunate flat. Tesla roadside was surprisingly good. The tire itself has a warranty and can provide docs if interested.
New Vehicle Limited Warranty – Active

Asking for $48,000 based on fair market comparison, plus accessories.

I absolutely love this car and hate to sell it, but my wife and I want to upgrade to an SUV (possibly Model Y) now that we’re expecting a newborn, which wasn’t something we expected to happen before ordering this car. This car performs incredibly well and has lived up to all my expectations for Tesla. I fully expect to buy another Tesla someday in the future if we don’t choose the Model Y as our upgrade.

Attachments

• IMG_1284.jpg
    IMG_1284.jpg
    378.4 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1285.jpg
    IMG_1285.jpg
    403.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1286.jpg
    IMG_1286.jpg
    368.6 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1287.jpg
    IMG_1287.jpg
    418 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1291.jpg
    IMG_1291.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1292.jpg
    IMG_1292.jpg
    460.7 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1301.jpg
    IMG_1301.jpg
    514.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1302.jpg
    IMG_1302.jpg
    483.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1304.jpg
    IMG_1304.jpg
    431.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1305.jpg
    IMG_1305.jpg
    366.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Funny
Reactions: cucubits and ucmndd
Beautiful car. Priced more than brand new (after CA rebate).
Not trying to undercut anyone here. Could you explain it for me so I can properly price the car for selling? Unless I'm missing something CA rebate wasn't more than $2K, right? Brand new car cost me $54K when all was said and done. That would mean I would be asking for more than $52K. Again, just trying to understand so I can sell the car. Thanks

Not trying to undercut anyone here. Could you explain it for me so I can properly price the car for selling? Unless I'm missing something CA rebate wasn't more than $2K, right? Brand new car cost me $54K when all was said and done. That would mean I would be asking for more than $52K. Again, just trying to understand so I can sell the car. Thanks

Model 3 | Tesla

Happy to help - Brand new car configured same as yours, 2020 Model 3, Long Range, AWD in Pearl White with default Autopilot is $46,990 + $1,200 destination fees, plus CA sales tax, and minus $2,000 CA Rebate,resulting in net price of new car to be $46,190 + Sales Tax for new car.

Based on your 7000 miles depreciation, you are looking around 10% depreciation at least, which will bring you close to realistic price of $42,000 + sales tax (that the buyer will pay to CA DMV).

You may get a slightly higher price from AZ buyer as they don't have sales tax on used cars, so they may pay $1000 more to make a deal.

Alternatively, you can request offer from vroom/carvana/carmax/tesla trade-in etc, but they will all be around $40K if you are lucky.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: cucubits
Brand new car cost me $54K when all was said and done.

The exact car you’re selling goes for $48,190 today from Tesla, and is eligible for the $2,000 CVRP rebate.

You’re not going to recoup the sales tax you paid - that money is gone. The new buyer has to pay tax on the transaction price too.

Tesla usually discounts their demo cars about a dollar per mile, but even at 50 cents a mile you’re looking at a further ~$3500 discount over the current new price. So really you need to be in the $42-43k range if you want to sell to a California buyer.

But hey, a sucker’s born every minute, and Teslas make people do all sorts of crazy shiz that doesn’t make financial sense... so who knows. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: bnsfengineer
I meant to put "Standard Autopilot" as to distinguish from Full Self Driving, but thanks for being a funny guy. I'm just a guy trying to sell his car here. Sorry I left a typo.

I was defending your pricing as possibly fitting, depending on whether or not you already forked over the $8,000 for the full autopilot or not. I can appreciate the irony in that you perceived this as an attack, though.

Just a reminder. If you claimed the California state rebate on EV's, you have to send the money back to them, if you sell the car in less than 30 months.

Another point is that even though you have a 2020, depending on which month it was bought in, there is less warranty coverage than on a new car. Also it is easy to get some Supercharger mileage credit on new purchases.

2020 / Model 3 / Long Range AWD / Pearl White / $48,000

2020 Used Tesla Model 3 Long Range AWD - Danville, CA
Long Range All-Wheel Drive
Pearl White Paint
18” Aero Wheels
All Black Premium Interior
Autopilot

All Weather Floor Liners
All Weather Cargo Mats (for Trunk & Frunk)
Roof Rack
Snow Chain - 18" Pewag Sport RSS 76
14-50 Gen 2 NEMA Adapter (for faster home charging)
Does not have HOV stickers

Like New Condition
Less than 7k miles
Rear driver-side wheel is brand new (as of start of July) after an unfortunate flat. Tesla roadside was surprisingly good. The tire itself has a warranty and can provide docs if interested.
New Vehicle Limited Warranty – Active

Asking for $48,000 based on fair market comparison, plus accessories.

I absolutely love this car and hate to sell it, but my wife and I want to upgrade to an SUV (possibly Model Y) now that we’re expecting a newborn, which wasn’t something we expected to happen before ordering this car. This car performs incredibly well and has lived up to all my expectations for Tesla. I fully expect to buy another Tesla someday in the future if we don’t choose the Model Y as our upgrade.

PM sent.