TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

For sale - 3rd Row Rear Facing Jump Seats

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by kevonandmarion, Mar 18, 2018.

1. kevonandmarion

Tesla 3rd Row Seat Bottom View.jpg Tesla 3rd Row Seat Left Side View.jpg Tesla 3rd Row Seat Left Side View.jpg Tesla 3rd Row Seat Front View.jpg Tesla 3rd Row Seat Back View.jpg I recently purchased a used 90 kWh with 3rd Row Seats.

Well, really my wife purchased it and I will pretend like she let's me drive it sometimes.

In any case, we have teenagers so the seats are simply taking up space I could use in the car.

I had the Tesla Sunnyvale dealer take them out and I am willing to sell them for any reasonable price.

Anyone interested?

Kevon

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  2. desoukya

desoukya Member

3. kevonandmarion

4. Flyboyn222pa

Flyboyn222pa Member

What year did these come out of?

5. kevonandmarion

6. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

My understanding, and Tesla should verify this for you in case I am wrong, is that cars that did not come with the seats from the factory lack the extra rear reinforcements that would prevent injury to kids in those seats in the event you are rear-ended.

Please check as it would be a shame to put kids in harms way.

7. TomatoOne

TomatoOne Member

This is something I could never find a straight answer for. When people say "reinforcements", are we talking about the bolt-on bumper rail here, or some additional stamped/welded on extrusions on the frame?

8. ChicagolandMX

ChicagolandMX Member

It's an additional bumper support that bolts on. It's to keep your kids legs from being crushed in a rear end accident. There is a thread on here with instructions on the whole process, it looks pretty involved.

9. youngjoseph

youngjoseph Member

Are the rear facing seats still available?