Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For Sale By Owner: Roadster 1.5 Silver/beige, Factory Warranty until 5/2016, SoCal car - SOLD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For Sale By Owner: Roadster 1.5 Silver/beige, Factory Warranty until 5/2016, SoCal car

Tesla Roadster 1.5 built April 2009 and delivered new in May 2009

Second CA owner
36k miles (happily daily driven 120 miles a day)
Sterling Silver
Black and light beige premium leather
Electronics package
Factory 3 year ESA
Powder coated black factory wheels
Carbon fiber wrapped front and rear lower diffusers, front trunk fins, and rear trunk tail. This is easily removable....but looks great!
Standard charge is approximately 171 ideal miles (at 40amps)

Car comes with the books, toolkit, 3 keys, soft-top, 110v portable yeloow charge connector and a Tesla branded garage wall connector. It has been serviced at the Santa Monica service center.

Pictures: http://s1227.photobucket.com/user/gwagen27/library/2009%20Tesla%20Roadster

Please contact me if you have any questions...
Thanks
Richard

List Date: 2/11/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: For Sale By Owner: Roadster 1.5 Silver/beige, Factory Warranty until 5/2016, SoCal car
--------------------------------------
SOLD

browseformore.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

bJ8AyevnbZ1G2.JPG
dKNnmBHDXw872.JPG

Unless it's answered in the listing, my first question is always, "Why are you selling?"

Cheers.

My plan all along was to sell the Roadster when I took delivery of my S but I never got around to doing it. No time like the present, right? I will feel a little remorse when it sells...but on the bright side, I am looking forward to bringing home a different car from storage to steal the garage space from the Roadster.....

Trnsl8r: Car is number #436. I just added a pics (to the photobucket link) showing the complete VIN and a few interior shots that I took a minute ago (sorry, not the best pics as they were taken in my garage)

kp.sfo: The ESA does not include a battery warranty but I understand that the battery warranty is still available to be purchased.

They have most definitely dried up... They had more than 100 they sold through in the past six months and had dozens at any given time... They never had the website updates with all available roadsters and currently only have 5 or 6 left to sell period... They are also no longer actively accepting trade ins

sorry for the silence for the past few days: PokerBroker and ecarfan, I don't think there are too many CPO's left and IIRC, there were 2 CPO Roadsters here at the SoCal Tesla stores.

Regarding price, I was trying to price my Roadster somewhat low (in hopes to not have to deal with the time and effort of selling a car for very long). And it seems to have worked as I took a deposit already (from a forum member)...so it should be in the new owners hand's by the end of the week.

sorry for the silence for the past few days: PokerBroker and ecarfan, I don't think there are too many CPO's left and IIRC, there were 2 CPO Roadsters here at the SoCal Tesla stores.

Regarding price, I was trying to price my Roadster somewhat low (in hopes to not have to deal with the time and effort of selling a car for very long). And it seems to have worked as I took a deposit already (from a forum member)...so it should be in the new owners hand's by the end of the week.

Some new owner is going to be VERY happy!

I thought Tesla went straight from 2008 model to 2010 model.
Even though the assembly date says 2009, I think they still considered it a 2008 model.

Before the carbon and wheel mods:

P0436-5YJRE11B181000436-CA-6HXL886-1.jpg
P0436-5YJRE11B181000436-CA-6HXL886-2.jpg

Last edited:
I thought Tesla went straight from 2008 model to 2010 model.
Even though the assembly date says 2009, I think they still considered it a 2008 model.

Yes, that's true. They produced the 1.5 / 2008 to fulfill customer orders who had reservation and it ran into 2009. Although the 1.5 were built up to June 2009 they're considered as a 2008 Roadster since the car was based upon the 2008 spec and design as well as considered for the pre-2009 order reservations. I'm really curious about that as well, something tells me there's some savings with the gov't / tax if they were listed as fulfilled 2008 model instead of calling it a 2009 or if its just a simple case of just being backlogged. However, the 2010 models then were the Roadsters where the spec changed (interior design, PEM, etc), labeled as the 2.0, where the list price increased too.

"The first Tesla Roadster was delivered in February 2008 to Tesla co-founder, chairman and product architect Elon Musk. The company produced 500 similar vehicles through June 2009. In July 2009, Tesla began production of its 2010 model-year Roadster—the first major product upgrade since Tesla began production in 2008."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_Roadster

Last edited:
SOLD! SOLD! SOLD!

This morning, I took one last picture of my old Roadster prior to the new owner picking it up and driving off. Sold it to a very nice forum member (I'll let him identify himself if he chooses to).....I am sure he will be enjoying it along with his other Tesla's!

image.jpeg

And now let's see how long I can last without having a Roadster in my garage :)

SOLD! SOLD! SOLD!

This morning, I took one last picture of my old Roadster prior to the new owner picking it up and driving off. Sold it to a very nice forum member (I'll let him identify himself if he chooses to).....I am sure he will be enjoying it along with his other Tesla's!

View attachment 43947

And now let's see how long I can last without having a Roadster in my garage :)

Thank you for the kind words, you are a gentleman and a new friend I hope. Gwagen27 here is your old friend charging near Venice Beach while, Gigi and I have lunch. Thank you for taking such good care of her. Ahem! the Roadster of course.
Electric Ave.JPG

Sam, a new friend for sure. I will let you know of any Tesla gatherings in LA so I can check up on my old Roadster :wink:

Wiztecy, the tires are Continental DWS 195 50 16 fronts and 225 45 17 rears. I drove on them for 10k+ miles before Sam bought the car and they are a very good alternative to the factory Yokohamas. There were no consistent TC issues. The only times I would see the TC light flicker was on the occassional hard acceleration from a complete stop or if I was driving on a very bumpy street. The Conti's were very quiet compared to the AD07's and did not show very much wear at all with all the miles of daily driving on them. IIRC, the tires have a ridiculous 50k mileage warranty.

Sam, a new friend for sure. I will let you know of any Tesla gatherings in LA so I can check up on my old Roadster :wink:

Wiztecy, the tires are Continental DWS 195 50 16 fronts and 225 45 17 rears. I drove on them for 10k+ miles before Sam bought the car and they are a very good alternative to the factory Yokohamas. There were no consistent TC issues. The only times I would see the TC light flicker was on the occassional hard acceleration from a complete stop or if I was driving on a very bumpy street. The Conti's were very quiet compared to the AD07's and did not show very much wear at all with all the miles of daily driving on them. IIRC, the tires have a ridiculous 50k mileage warranty.

I can confirm what gwagen27 has to say about the Continentals. I have the same tires on my 2.0, with 25K miles my rear tires are due for replacement, the fronts look near new.

Last edited: