Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For Sale: Founders Series Powerwall 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received the email regarding my Founders Series Powerwall 2! Unfortunately, I’m not able to install it. I can either forward the email to you or you can provide me with your information and I can fill out the information for you - whichever is most convenient!

Asking $6000. Thanks!

Attachments

• F3CEF7D6-A401-4A7B-80E5-6C22F1DA07D9.png
    F3CEF7D6-A401-4A7B-80E5-6C22F1DA07D9.png
    753.8 KB · Views: 184
I just posted my experience and a caveat emptor warning.

If people reject my experience (which is OK with me), people can still do what they are comfortable with.

Appreciate the heads up, Hank! I’m very new to everything with the referral rewards. What you posted makes quite a bit of sense. I’ll do my own bit of research before selling.

If I feel I can, Ko Olina has first dibs!

Reactions: MelaniainLA
Resurrecting this thread from last month.

I had a separate issue that required executive escalation. When I was contacted, I asked about the Powerwall and what can be done with it if it can't be installed. The escalation team reached out to the referral team as well as Tesla Energy and I was told that when I fill out the form from the email stating that I am receiving a Powerwall, I put my information in the form. When Tesla Energy contacts me, I tell them that it's being installed at a different location (must be within the lower 48 states) and the team will head on out for install at the date given to me. They also told me that they've done this many times before, so this definitely isn't a one-off.

I was also able to talk to a few local Tesla owners who've had Powerwall referrals. All of them had either sold or given their Powerwall to a family member for install with no issues.

All that being said, I feel a bit more at-ease putting this up for sale.

To ensure peace of mind on both my end and the buyer's, I'm only requesting $1,000 down payment and the remaining balance to be paid only after I've given Tesla Energy the buyer's address and have a confirmed date of installation (which is included). If for some reason there are complications with getting the Powerwall installed at a different location, a prompt refund of the $1,000 will be given to the buyer.

I was also able to talk to a few local Tesla owners who've had Powerwall referrals. All of them had either sold or given their Powerwall to a family member for install with no issues.

I keep seeing a lot of people saying this, but so far, as far as we know, only one non-verifiable (could be photoshopped) Founder's PW2 has been installed. That one could also be an employee or board member with escalated privileges. Nobody really knows.

What we do know is that everyone else who has won an award and is working with Tesla Energy has been told that the PW2s won't be available, delivered, or installed until later this summer or more likely fall. So I really don't know how so many people have 'already' sold or given away PW2 awards.

installed at a different location (must be within the lower 48 states) and the team will head on out for install at the date given to me.

This is also a suspect statement because there is significant survey and engineering work that must be done prior to delivery and installation. It's not like they just show up at 9am and install it. Survey, design, engineering, grid tie-ins, permits, utility agreements, W-9s (for tax purposes) all must be completed and signed by the homeowner before any installation is scheduled or takes place.

If anyone hasn't see my detailed thread on this issue, please see: Buying or selling a Powerwall 2? A warning...

• Informative
Reactions: JPUConn
guess, what, If you already have Solar Panel installation, you don't anything mentioned above other than an installation survey by Solar City technician. Survey, design, engineering, grid tie-ins, permits, utility agreements, W-9s (for tax purposes) ;;; W-9 is for 1099 purpose !!! really !!!

guess, what, If you already have Solar Panel installation, you don't anything mentioned above other than an installation survey by Solar City technician. Survey, design, engineering, grid tie-ins, permits, utility agreements, W-9s (for tax purposes) ;;; W-9 is for 1099 purpose !!! really !!!

Yes, if you already have solar installed, much of that engineering and surveying is already done for you. But you still will need to sign a W-9 for taxes.