Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For Sale: Gorgeous, Fully Loaded Model X 100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a friend who is a real car guy, Been in the performance and repair business for many years. I usually mention cars to him before I buy anything, as he also happens to be exceptionally smart too. He was intensely against buying any v1 CAR.

Luckily i listened to him for more than a year after I waited and waited. Went with Model 3 which I think was a good idea, and a better value than S and X, even if not as well/luxury trimmed. I really, really like the Model 3 total value much more, and am not surprised that it cannibalizes S & X sales.

They wiil 100% come out with a new Model 3, or put something in the Y that 3 doesn't have or cant get at any price. From my personal experience, if you sell a high price car a few years after you bought it, you pay a significantly lager percentage of the depreciation... 10% reduction in value on delivery. They are still cars, and cars are a horrible investment. —Hopefully Elon makes the value producing assets as robo-taxis, but I wont be first to put my white interior into the hands of the public!

Though they have generally held their value very well for a good while, the flood of cars entering the market will match and surpass demand eventually, its already starting. People who tried buying an M3 with a very early reservation generally didn’t do so well. I’ve watched them on CarGurus. Doesn't look like many folks got a big premium when they were at their scarcest.

Its the earliest days of the EV game, while I think Tesla is way out front, they being a disruptive tech, will continue to disrupt even themselves —making it harder for others to disrupt them.

Enjoy your cars, get the best deal you can, because they are mass market cars now, and have realistic expectations about what you bought and what you’ve got.

I wonder if the OP bought another Tesla or not... just curious, or if he’s had enough of the price premium followed by price/ product disruption? Hope he’s happy in any case.

I love my Tesla, even though a paid a significant premium, and could have gotten a M3P instead of an M3D after all the price wrangling. It doest make it any less enjoyable, and I ‘ll drive it for at least 7 years, and until multiple true L5 FSD’s are on the market, that I really like to, and with at least twice the range, AND is price competitive—and Im expecting and hoping that means another Tesla!

I agree with all of the points @RedMS makes. Whether making them in someone's For Sale ad is appropriate depends on other factors.

My point is that TESLA has not recognized or admitted there is a problem here. Their prices for their late-model used cars are actually HIGHER than what an equivalent new car would cost.