Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For Sale - Late 2014 Model S 60 with Autopilot and LTE - No Longer Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For Sale - Late 2014 Model S 60 with Autopilot and LTE

Upgrades Include:
- LTE (upgraded in January 2016)
- Supercharger Enabled
- Tech Package with Autopilot
- Grey metallic paint
- 19" wheels with Michelin Primacy tire upgrade
- Black nappa leather seats
- Free long distance travel on the supercharger network
- Automatic keyless entry (auto present door handles when you walk up to the vehicle
- Parking Sensors
- Power rear lift-gate
- Fog and cornering lights
- Lighted exterior door handles
- Power-folding and heated side mirrors
- Maps and navigation with real-time traffic updates
- Daytime running lights
- Blind spot warning system
- Automatic emergency braking
- Lane Departure warning
- GPS enabled homelink (will open/shut your garage automatically when you get home)
- 8-year, infinite mile battery and drive-unit warranty
- Summon feature (part of Autopilot) - you can summon your car using the app and it will park/unpark itself in your garage or other parking spaces
- Obeche wood gloss decor

The car is in great condition, both inside and out, has ~14,500 miles on the odometer, and is 14 months old (purchased from Tesla in December 2014). I just performed the annual service in January.

In case you are wondering, the reason I am selling my car is to save up and buy a Model X as my wife doesn't like taking road trips in the MS (I have 3 small children). She would rather drive the Suburban, which I don't want to do!

List Date: 2/19/2016

For more info, click here to view the original listing: For Sale - Late 2014 Model S 60 with Autopilot and LTE
--------------------------------------
This item is no longer available.

browseformore.png
--------------------------------------
71c3678a-69b8-4bcc-a6fc-02eece7ec250.JPG
492ee8f9-3754-4e64-b040-94b96f63c8ee.JPG
dfe042d7-2a28-4497-b213-0fed2ba9da6d.JPG
381c7b3c-0908-4a78-ba4c-8c6b730f40fc.JPG
fb2d8548-dc89-46ed-93a4-741cdecbdcf4.JPG
ab65ad05-afbf-4e76-b7b1-7de0306247a2.JPG
e517f7db-a8b5-439c-8cbd-074ae155d95a.JPG
f41de60a-5923-43c6-96ad-515535d14912.JPG
9f350d15-bed2-4ffb-a97a-6e0d12ed24aa.JPG
f26161f1-d4c4-4e38-936f-563a062bff72.JPG
22202391-14c9-4ff3-a617-f3b51de38b73.JPG
4142e047-a6ad-447f-913f-2caa264746f9.JPG
a5195a62-2d68-4928-9faa-5fb0a92876cb.JPG
0c610bd3-c8ae-4505-bd38-653e48a9eba3.JPG
b58a4797-2587-4c54-abbf-50307ceeda51.JPG
a11ce0da-3ad1-42bc-8934-fc1e7e3d5ac6.JPG
c35cb54b-7097-4430-bd05-278eb33e295c.JPG
62ce82ff-8bd3-4edb-97f7-b0ee7851df6b.JPG
61708f80-d59a-493a-95f9-e5d519ccd0e9.JPG
1fa0b0ce-1a3d-4a49-bdb5-e97d1480486e.JPG

Last edited:
- 8-year, infinite mile battery and drive-unit warranty

Warranty on the 60 is still 125k miles. Infinite mile applies to 70, 85 and 90.

Why should a prospective buyer spend $65k on this car with 14k miles when a brand new 70 RWD (New car, bigger battery and infinite mile warranty) starts at $62,500 after tax rebate?

JPUConn, the warranty covers ALL Model S ever produced, retroactively Infinite Mile Warranty | Tesla Motors "Moreover, the warranty extension will apply retroactively to all Model S vehicles ever produced. In hindsight, this should have been our policy from the beginning of the Model S program. If we truly believe that electric motors are fundamentally more reliable than gasoline engines, with far fewer moving parts and no oily residue or combustion byproducts to gum up the works, then our warranty policy should reflect that."

Confusing verbiage from Musk as he was referring to 85's ever produced not 60's at that time.

"The Battery Limited Warranty covers the repair or replacement of any malfunctioning or defective Model S battery for a period of 8 years or for the number of miles specified below for your battery configuration (whichever comes first). If you have a 60kWh battery, your battery is covered for 125,000 miles and if you have an 70kWh or larger battery, your battery is covered for an unlimited amount of miles. To provide you with even more assurance, the Battery Limited Warranty will also cover damage to your vehicle from a battery fire even if it is the result of driver error, subject to certain exclusions."

Service plans | Tesla Motors

Tough crowd because the car is over priced.
I just got an inventory 70 for 76,800 900 miles. After 10k in rebates only $2800 more than this and I have Pano and Premium Interior not to mention larger battery.

I love how people who have no desire to buy this (or another) car comment on "for sale" posts. First off, I don't live in CA, I live in GA. New car purchases here (whether you buy a loaner or order one) only qualify for a $7,500 tax credit. I wouldn't expect a buyer from THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COUNTRY to buy this car. I am sure there are plenty of cars on your side of the continent for you to purchase.

If you live in the Southeast, and you price up a new 70 today on Tesla's webpage, the cost is $79,750. Add on the $1,200 doc fee and you are now at $80,950 before tax. Minus off the $7,500 tax credit and you are at a net pre-tax number of $73,450.

I am ASKING $64,000. There are 11 used MS cars on the Tesla page right now, and none of them have Autopilot or LTE. If you don't want to buy my car, I am okay with that. If you would like to buy a very well maintained Tesla Model S with no scratches or dents, I am more than happy to have a conversation.

The OP claims he has "multiple offers" in the mid 60K range - which is a really odd claim to make considering that the car is still for sale and that he has dropped the asking price to $64K.

Calisnow, unfortunately for me, my Florida buyer just backed out on me as he found a local car this morning. I emailed the other offer and, again unfortunately for me, he bought a car yesterday. So, now I am now out on both deals. I dropped my price to $64K today because both the FL and GA folks offered me slightly less than than my original asking price of $65K, which I accepted to get the (now defunct) deal done. Like I told you in my email response to you, if you want to buy a non-AP car, there is a lot of inventory for that for a cheaper price. If you want an AP car, it costs a little bit more money. I'm not sure why you feel the need to question my integrity because I didn't want to accept your low $50's offer for my car. I am not insulting you, so why do you feel the need to insult me?

If you post on this forum and nobody insults you, QUICKLY buy a lottery ticket!

Without a doubt insults have no place in this or any other thread. Folks here are well informed and tend to pile on over-priced cars a little.... enthusiastically. If you think a car is overpriced the best thing to do is ignore it, it's not a personal affront.

duty_calls.png

I'm not sure why you feel the need to question my integrity because I didn't want to accept your low $50's offer for my car. I am not insulting you, so why do you feel the need to insult me?

I really, genuinely believed at the time you were lying to me for the sake of increasing the perceived value of your car to a potential buyer. If you can actually get mid-60K's for that car then go for it - it provides a good data point for value-holding. One doesn't start with one's final offer at the beginning of a negotiation - I would be willing to pay right around $55-$56K for it, which is where I *think* the market is on an AP 60 with 14K miles that is now technically two model years old (I know Tesla doesn't use model years but car buyers think of them that way). I arrive at that value because I can buy a brand new 70 with AP and premium interior for $65,500 after the fed/state tax rebates - which 90% of America can as well - so the real new price is not $75K it's $65K. Age that car two model years, put fourteen thousand miles on it, add one more owner to the title and reduce the battery size and a value $10K less then new seems very realistic.

If you can really get people to pay you essentially the same price as a brand new one ordered from the factory then good for you.

This is not a car I want - but in the mid-$50K range it would make sense as a second Tesla for a family member for local commuting. I genuinely thought you were lying about multiple mid-$60K offers.

I wanted to post some objective feedback to this ad. I've built a cost model through historical records and machine learning. Based on this car, the model predicts a price of $55,304.

Here we go again. Are you buying a car, wolfson292 or just providing wisdom? Additionally, I am sure there are several folks who are contemplating selling their cars so we would all love to know where you got enough qualitative data for "historical records" on AP equipped cars that would stand up to even the most basic statistical analysis. I think your price point is valid for non-AP equipped cars, which this is not. Thank you for spending time tonight on this thread.

I really, genuinely believed at the time you were lying to me for the sake of increasing the perceived value of your car to a potential buyer. If you can actually get mid-60K's for that car then go for it - it provides a good data point for value-holding. One doesn't start with one's final offer at the beginning of a negotiation - I would be willing to pay right around $55-$56K for it, which is where I *think* the market is on an AP 60 with 14K miles that is now technically two model years old (I know Tesla doesn't use model years but car buyers think of them that way). I arrive at that value because I can buy a brand new 70 with AP and premium interior for $65,500 after the fed/state tax rebates - which 90% of America can as well - so the real new price is not $75K it's $65K. Age that car two model years, put fourteen thousand miles on it, add one more owner to the title and reduce the battery size and a value $10K less then new seems very realistic.

If you can really get people to pay you essentially the same price as a brand new one ordered from the factory then good for you.

This is not a car I want - but in the mid-$50K range it would make sense as a second Tesla for a family member for local commuting. I genuinely thought you were lying about multiple mid-$60K offers.

Sorry, but your pricing is not correct. See my post above for a car with like options derived directly from Tesla.

Here we go again. Are you buying a car, wolfson292 or just providing wisdom? Additionally, I am sure there are several folks who are contemplating selling their cars so we would all love to know where you got enough qualitative data for "historical records" on AP equipped cars that would stand up to even the most basic statistical analysis. I think your price point is valid for non-AP equipped cars, which this is not. Thank you for spending time tonight on this thread.

I have actually purchased a Tesla in the last few weeks. I took a close look at CPO and private sales, but the lack of 70's with AP on the market drove me to new. In the process I built a cost model that takes things into account like, year, age at time of sale, miles, options, color, interior, and even VIN (though I took a guess on yours). I never claimed to provide any wisdom, I am just offering up what a reasonable Machine Learning model predicted the price would be if your vehicle was offered by Tesla as a CPO. Given its a private sale, the perceived value may be different. There are over 300 vehicles with AP in the model, so I don't believe your argument is valid. Once again I am not claiming to state what a fair price is for your vehicle, I am just offering up an independent and completely objective estimate as determined by a computer model. If you'd like to provide me with the end of the VIN, and the full list of options code I can more accurately calculate it.