Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For Sale - Late 2014 Model S 60 with Autopilot - No Longer Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For Sale - Late 2014 Model S 60 with Autopilot

For Sale - Late 2014 build Model S 60.

Upgrades Include:
Supercharger Enabled
Tech Package with Autopilot
Grey metallic paint
19" wheels with Michelin Primacy tire upgrade
Black nappa leather seats
Obeche wood gloss decor

The car is in great condition, both inside and out and has 9,750 miles on the odometer. Car is 10 months old (purchased from Tesla in December 2014). I live in the Atlanta metropolitan area. Recent sale of similarly equipped car on Tesla webpage was $64K.

The car is in great condition, both inside and out.

List Date: 10/13/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: For Sale - Late 2014 Model S 60 with Autopilot
--------------------------------------
This item is no longer available.

browseformore.png
tesla-motors-club.gif

45cae0ec-ea38-4728-8d0c-c40b5c66c23d.JPG
12b0fa96-6526-4e06-b466-003b2fd94975.JPG
aab0471d-bdf4-4070-907a-1899c13cb491.JPG

I need help to get a fair asking price for my MS 60 with Autopilot

Hey, I could use some help to try to determine a fair asking price for my 2014 Model S 60. It has the tech package with autopilot, grey metallic paint, 19" wheels with Michelin Primacy tire upgrade, black nappa leather seats, obeche wood gloss decor, and supercharger enabled. Total (pre-tax credits) when new was $81,220 not including taxes. Car has 9,400 miles on the odometer and I got it in December 2014. I live in the Atlanta metropolitan area.

The car is in great condition, both inside and out.

Thanks for your input!

List Date: 10/13/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: I need help to get a fair asking price for my MS 60 with Autopilot
On Sale For: $68,000.00

buynowbutton.png
tesla-motors-club.gif

I think you should base your asking price not based on what you paid but what someone can buy a brand new S70RWD for. The S70 changed the market valuations of the S60 and that's what you are competing with.

Someone can buy a brand new 2015 S70RWD with Autopilot for $70. Let's add $6K in options and then you are at $76K. You then apply $10,000 in rebates and the $1,000 referral bonus and you are at $65K for a brand new car with greater range, better performance, and better build quality. I would think a 2014 S60 should be priced about $10K less than a brand new S70RWD with Autopilot so my opinion is that your asking price should in the mid $50Ks. Also keep in mind that some have managed to buy CPO S60s for the late $40Ks and early $50Ks.

The closer you price your car to $50K, the easier it will be to sell.

Autopilot on a new car is $2,500. So a base 70 with autopilot would be $72,500. In Georgia, there is no state tax incentive anymore, so only $7,500 tax credit. I agree that the 70 changes my price point. I think $50K is crazy low for an autopilot equipped car, regardless of the battery size. I do appreciate your input though. Anybody else have thoughts?

Autopilot on a new car is $2,500. So a base 70 with autopilot would be $72,500. In Georgia, there is no state tax incentive anymore, so only $7,500 tax credit. I agree that the 70 changes my price point. I think $50K is crazy low for an autopilot equipped car, regardless of the battery size. I do appreciate your input though. Anybody else have thoughts?

Just because the tax incentive has run out in GA doesn't mean it has everywhere else. If you price based on that, you're kind of limiting your audience to buyers in that state. I'm in the market for a lower end Model S and I wouldn't buy a used 60 from a private party for more than 45k w/o autopilot or maybe 55k with autopilot. Any more than that and it's just not enough of a difference from a brand new car. I've noticed that there are not that many used 60s that are priced where I think they should be, so I'm likely just going to buy a new 70. I think there will be a stronger market for used ones once the federal tax credit runs out (another year or so maybe?). As a MD resident, I would get $10,500 in tax credits plus the $2k referral, so I could actually buy a 70 brand new for a good bit less than $68k. Say $75k for AP and next gen seats plus 1200 in destination equals 76,200. Subtract the rebate and tax credits and I'm at $63,700 for a brand new car with more battery.

Since you asked...

I have a 70D with 4K miles on it that I would gladly sell for 68K. My car has autopilot and next gen seats, but literally nothing else. I am about to put 2k into a radar detector and another 2K into opticoat so if anyone on this board is seriously willing to pay me 68K for my car please reach out via PM ASAP.

I guess that is a long way of saying, yes, I agree with the assessments of others that say 68K for your car is WAY too high.

I'm a bit confused on why you are looking to either sell the car or / put more money into it? (I also agree that the OPs asking price is way too high, sorry)

Since you asked...

I have a 70D with 4K miles on it that I would gladly sell for 68K. My car has autopilot and next gen seats, but literally nothing else. I am about to put 2k into a radar detector and another 2K into opticoat so if anyone on this board is seriously willing to pay me 68K for my car please reach out via PM ASAP.

I guess that is a long way of saying, yes, I agree with the assessments of others that say 68K for your car is WAY too high.

I could use some help to try to determine a fair asking price for my 2014 Model S 60. It has the tech package with autopilot, grey metallic paint, 19" wheels with Michelin Primacy tire upgrade, black nappa leather seats, obeche wood gloss decor, and supercharger enabled. Car has 9,400 miles on the odometer and I got it in December 2014. On Sale For: $68,000.00
tesla-motors-club.gif

A brand new S70 with same options costs $65,000 in Georgia. Details:

Model S 70$70,000
Metallic paint$1,000
Michelin Primacy tire upgradeincluded
Black nappa leather seats$1,750
Obeche wood gloss decor$750
Superchargingincluded
Federal tax credit-$7,500
Referral discount-$1,000
Total$65,000
You need to subtract three things:
1. 60 vs 70 kWh value difference (worth $5,000)
2. Used car difference (worth $6,500)
3. One year less warranty (worth $1,000)

Therefore a reasonable sale price would be = 65 - 5 - 6.5 - 1= $52,500. CPO cars are not a good comparison. Many of the S60 CPO cars are more expensive than new 70 kWh models which is why they don't sell.

Last edited:
The CPO prices are all over the place; it's like Tesla uses a random number generator to compute their prices. If you want to buy a CPO Model S, you call Tesla and have them watch for one for you. A couple of weeks ago, they asked if I wanted a 60 with less than 20k miles for $47,500. That car sold in about 4 or 5 hours.

You have it right davidc18 - my plan is to either put more money into my existing car OR upgrade to an 85D and put the extra cash into that. In essence, while I love my 70D, I regret not paying up for the 85D. I guess I didn't expect to love the car quite as much as I do, but it is exactly this love that has me thinking about an upgrade. I can't be alone in this mixed thinking on this amazing vehicle. In any case, if anyone has an interest in my white 70D with no options and 4.5K miles please send me a private message. Strictly speaking, I don't 'need' to sell the car, which is why I have not posted it and why I will just ignore any offers lower than 68K.

I'm a bit confused on why you are looking to either sell the car or / put more money into it? (I also agree that the OPs asking price is way too high, sorry)

You're forgetting the $2,500 autopilot option. Plus, you can't get the power lift gate, fog and cornering lights, and lighted door handles without the $3,000 premium interior and lighting upgrade package (I know if includes some other options, just saying you can't get those without choosing that option, so let's discount this to $2,000). Finally, don't forget the Tesla $1,200 destination and doc fee.

So, add $5,700 to your numbers above. Also, you better order before October 31st or you don't get the $1,000 referral credit. Currently ordered cars show late December delivery date, so hope it comes in by the end of the year so you can claim the $7,500 tax credit this year and not have to carry the $7,500 for another year.

I also want want to point out that we all know that non Autopilot equipped cars didn't hold their value as well once these versions were released (hence the reason a lot of folks traded in to get the autopilot equipped cars).

Got it. The car has gotten a lot more interesting now that AutoPilot is out. Mine just drove me home from the airport.

You have it right davidc18 - my plan is to either put more money into my existing car OR upgrade to an 85D and put the extra cash into that. In essence, while I love my 70D, I regret not paying up for the 85D. I guess I didn't expect to love the car quite as much as I do, but it is exactly this love that has me thinking about an upgrade. I can't be alone in this mixed thinking on this amazing vehicle. In any case, if anyone has an interest in my white 70D with no options and 4.5K miles please send me a private message. Strictly speaking, I don't 'need' to sell the car, which is why I have not posted it and why I will just ignore any offers lower than 68K.

Response to 70D

Since you asked...

Please provide me with the details on your car. I'm interested in the 70D