TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

For Sale: MC240 30amp

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by gwagen27, Nov 29, 2012.

1. gwagen27

gwagen27 Member

#1 gwagen27, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
    Selling my extra Mobile Charger that I received with my new-to-me 2008 Roadster. Since I received 2 of them with the car, I thought I would post one here for sale before it goes on ebay. Best reasonable offer will be accepted.

Please PM me for more details or if you have any questions.
    Regards,
    Richard

*****SOLD*****

2. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

I don't think they called the Telsa Chargers that came with the '08 Roadsters Universal Mobile Charger (UMC). That terminology came about I believe after the Foundry Charger was created by Eberhard. Telsa then used that design to create the UMC which allows different pigtails to be used for different charging amps, up to 50AMPs. The '08 charger is a 30AMP max current that utilizes the NEMA 14-50 dedicated adapter and doesn't allow any pigtail swap for other NEMA / Amp configurations.

3. gwagen27

gwagen27 Member

You are correct! Sorry all, for the mis-information on my extra charger. I just looked at the window sticker to my Roadster and it is listed as a "240v Mobile Connector." I edited my initial post but could not (or do no know how to) correct the title of the thread?!?

4. Jackyche

Jackyche Member

Did they ever have a program or bulletin to swap out the old MC240 to the newer UMC?

5. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

No unfortunately except in a few cases that were a defective unit.

6. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

MC240:
    mc240.jpg

UMC:
    charging-umc.jpg

7. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

I also have both the MC240 and the UMC. The MC240 appears to be built like a tank. I use that one for my daily charges outside my house ( no garage unfortunately ). I use the UMC for when I'm traveling since its more compact. The 30amps suits me fine, if I'm in a bind for time I'll charge with higher amps using the UMC.

One thing I noticed is that the diameter of the black cable (wrap) is bigger on the MC240 than the UMC, I got confused just looking at the two side by side and thought the UMC would be thicker. Don't know about the gauge wire inside the wrap, could be the other way around since the UMC is pulling more amps.

8. gwagen27

gwagen27 Member

Thanks TEG! MC240 is what I am selling (since I have 2 of them)

9. gwagen27

gwagen27 Member

As requested, here are pics of the actual MC240 I'm selling. Sorry for the low quality iphone pics:

IMG_2632 50.jpg IMG_2634 50.jpg

10. Carnut

Carnut New Member

I have a 2008 and do not have an mc240 and so I would be interested. What would be your price?