Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For Sale: MC240 30amp

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Selling my extra Mobile Charger that I received with my new-to-me 2008 Roadster. Since I received 2 of them with the car, I thought I would post one here for sale before it goes on ebay. Best reasonable offer will be accepted.

Please PM me for more details or if you have any questions.
Regards,
Richard

*****SOLD*****

Last edited:
I don't think they called the Telsa Chargers that came with the '08 Roadsters Universal Mobile Charger (UMC). That terminology came about I believe after the Foundry Charger was created by Eberhard. Telsa then used that design to create the UMC which allows different pigtails to be used for different charging amps, up to 50AMPs. The '08 charger is a 30AMP max current that utilizes the NEMA 14-50 dedicated adapter and doesn't allow any pigtail swap for other NEMA / Amp configurations.

You are correct! Sorry all, for the mis-information on my extra charger. I just looked at the window sticker to my Roadster and it is listed as a "240v Mobile Connector." I edited my initial post but could not (or do no know how to) correct the title of the thread?!?

I don't think they called the Telsa Chargers that came with the '08 Roadsters Universal Mobile Charger (UMC). That terminology came about I believe after the Foundry Charger was created by Eberhard. Telsa then used that design to create the UMC which allows different pigtails to be used for different charging amps, up to 50AMPs. The '08 charger is a 30AMP max current that utilizes the NEMA 14-50 dedicated adapter and doesn't allow any pigtail swap for other NEMA / Amp configurations.

MC240:
mc240.jpg

UMC:
charging-umc.jpg

I also have both the MC240 and the UMC. The MC240 appears to be built like a tank. I use that one for my daily charges outside my house ( no garage unfortunately ). I use the UMC for when I'm traveling since its more compact. The 30amps suits me fine, if I'm in a bind for time I'll charge with higher amps using the UMC.

One thing I noticed is that the diameter of the black cable (wrap) is bigger on the MC240 than the UMC, I got confused just looking at the two side by side and thought the UMC would be thicker. Don't know about the gauge wire inside the wrap, could be the other way around since the UMC is pulling more amps.