Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FOR SALE: MODEL S 75D W/ ENHANCED V2 AUTOPILOT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am selling this amazing car because I am about to purchase a new house and need to reduce my debt to income ratio to get approved for the new mortgage. This car is in immaculate condition. It is a late 2016 model s which was made after the November update when all the AP2 hardware was added. I have paid to enable Enhanced autopilot which is a $5k upgrade. The color is Deep Blue Metallic with a tan interior. As for upgrades it has the sunroof, the cold weather package, and of course the premium upgrades package. The car currently has just under 8k miles which means there is over 42k miles left on the factory warranty. It has the figured ash wood decor and the Tesla branded all weather matts throughout the entire car which includes front trunk, rear trunk, rear trunk footwell, driver and passenger side, and the back seats. The floor mats alone cost around $600.It also has the model S rear liftgate sunshade which helps keep the heat down in the car. The car is so new that it hasn't needed any maintenance, but I had the tires rotated at 6k miles. The car has never been in any accidents of any kind, even minor fender benders. I am able to provide a carfax prior to the sale. I am asking $82,000 for this amazing car.

Did you really mean to write this?

Shoot, my house is going to cost more than I originally thought, maybe I list my car on TMC and try to find some idiot to pay more than what it would cost brand new to buy.

In all seriousness, that price is ludicrous.

Did you really mean to write this?

Shoot, my house is going to cost more than I originally thought, maybe I list my car on TMC and try to find some idiot to pay more than what it would cost brand new to buy.

In all seriousness, that price is ludicrous.

That might be an overly cynical way of reframing what he wrote…. I agree that the asking price is unrealistically high, though.

To the OP, I'd recommend taking the car to CarMax and also getting a trade-in quote from Tesla, and realistically planning on 10% max on top of that being what you can get for a private party sale. Good luck!

If I priced out this car new correctly to match the OP, it is $85k before any eligible tax credits, although I may have missed the sunroof.

How much would Tesla buy it back for ? My (probably ignorant) guess is in the low 60s.

To be fair, you guys, the car as described is $90,300 new as of today before tax credits. So while his asking price may or may not be high, it's certainly not above the price of a new one today. Although it's very close to the new price if you factor in the federal tax credit.

This is assuming options of 75D, blue, sunroof, tan leather, premium, EAP, subzero...

To be fair, you guys, the car as described is $90,300 new as of today before tax credits. So while his asking price may or may not be high, it's certainly not above the price of a new one today. Although it's very close to the new price if you factor in the federal tax credit.

This is assuming options of 75D, blue, sunroof, tan leather, premium, EAP, subzero...

That is the thing. Take your $90,300 + 1,200 delivery fee - $7,500 tax credit - $1,000 referral = $83k. Does anyone think a Tesla loses only $1k in value being used and driven for 8k miles? Throw in the low rate if you want to finance the car and it might even be a little cheaper.

You could also get this new inventory 75D blue/tan with AP2 and PUP and only 200 miles for a few grand less since it is still eligible for the tax incentives: Model S 75D 5YJSA1E29HF198435 | Tesla

I just don't see any possible way anyone would be interested at this price.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
This car is worth right now 74K tops (assuming no smart air suspension) based on KBB.

Simply because of the low miles.

So either a P85D with AP1.0 or a 75D with AP2.0

It comes down to if you want AP2 or not at the moment.

I agree his price seems high...but what something is "worth" is ultimately what someone else is willing to pay for it, right? If someone does pay his price, he has maximized his car's used value.

If nobody does, then he will likely lower his price until he finds equilibrium with the current market. He won't have been the first person asking higher than market rates for his car - and won't be the last one. He'll figure it out.