Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For Sale: Model S Roof Rack and Whispbar Bike Carriers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Replaced my Model S with a new Model S that doesn't have a Panoramic roof so these excellent products are not compatible with my new car.

This is the best way to carry your precious bikes in style. They are incredibly well made. The racks are also compatible with Whispbar cargo carriers, Kayak carriers and snow mounts for skis and snowboards.

Price for all three items: $675 (cost $1067 new)

Bikes on Car.jpg

1. Model S Tesla/Whispbar Roof Rack System $325

• Purchased new for $549 at the Tesla Shop.
• Excellent condition: Mounted on car for about 1 1/2 years in SF Bay Area. Tesla service both mounted and removed the rack.
• Includes unopened Generation 2 (current version) Vehicle Specific Smartfoot Kit (K930W) that fits all Model S Panoramic roof versions. Tesla upgraded the kit when they removed the racks, which is why it is unopened.

image.png

IMG_1678 2.jpg

IMG_1681 2.jpg

IMG_1682 2.jpg

2. Whisper WB200 Fork Mount bike carriers. I have two of them. Price: $175 each.
• Purchased new at $259 each.
Included at no charge: Bike stockings (to cover the front of the bikes and prevent bugs from being smashed onto your bike). I think that these cost me about $25 for each bike.

Link to Whispbar product page: WB200 Fork Mount

• Designed specifically for the Whispbar Roof Rack
• Used for only 2 trips to Southern Oregon from the San Francisco Bay Area

IMG_1697.jpg

IMG_1689.jpg

• Both the roof racks and the bike carriers are lockable.

I Prefer:
• local pick-up (I'm located in Palo Alto Calif.) and cash payment. Will consider shipping at your cost and PayPal payment.
• to sell all of these items together, but I'll consider breaking up the package.

PM me or email [email protected]

Attachments

• IMG_1673.jpg
    IMG_1673.jpg
    357.4 KB · Views: 85
  • image.png
    image.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1678.jpg
    IMG_1678.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: JPUConn
Do any of you know whether it’s possible to have 4 bikes on this ? Curious to know if there are any practical concerns with loading more than 2 bikes at a time. Assuming of course that the total weight is within limits.
Thanks!

• Informative
Reactions: MelaniainLA
Do any of you know whether it’s possible to have 4 bikes on this ? Curious to know if there are any practical concerns with loading more than 2 bikes at a time. Assuming of course that the total weight is within limits.
Thanks!
Given that you have taken weight off the table as a consideration I presume that you are asking whether the roof racks have enough physical space to accommodate 4 bike racks and the bikes that would attach to them. While I haven't tried it, from observing the available space I think that the answer is yes. There is no question that 3 bike racks would fit.