TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

For Sale: Programming Service for Autel TPMS Sensors - $25

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by SomeJoe7777, Sep 23, 2018.

1. SomeJoe7777

SomeJoe7777 Marginally-Known Member

I started a thread in the Model 3 forum where I detailed how the Autel MX Sensor-1 TPMS sensors work perfectly with the Model 3 once programmed. These are currently the least expensive TPMS sensors that are compatible with Teslas at $25.50 each.

[​IMG]

The sensors are available from Amazon - a set of 4 for $102.

I am offering programming service for these sensors for $25 for a set of 4.

Follow this procedure if you'd like to do this:

1. Contact me via private conversation on this forum, we'll exchange e-mail addresses and shipping addresses. Inform me of your model of Tesla, the year of your car's manufacture, and the last 6 digits of your VIN.
    2. Purchase 4 of the sensors. You can either have them delivered to you, then ship them to me, or you can directly ship them to me.
    3. When I receive the sensors, I'll program all 4 of them for your car.
    4. We'll arrange payment via Paypal for $25.
    5. I'll ship the programmed sensors back to you via USPS priority mail. If USPS priority mail doesn't ship to you, we can still do this, but the cost may be more.

• Like x 7
    • Helpful x 2
    • Informative x 1
  2. Big Ern

Big Ern Member

Great value, looking forward to working with you

3. Gouldness

Gouldness Lurker

I've been wondering this, what is it that actually happens to program a sensor (assuming it's already 433 mhz) to a Tesla vs any other car? Also, i have a set of 4-433 sensors just without the valve stems off of a new Hyundai from a friends retrofit, could those be reprogrammed via this service? *they are Schrader TPMS sensors.

4. SomeJoe7777

#4 SomeJoe7777, Sep 27, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    The transmission frequency is only one of the parameters that have to match between the sensors and the car. The data modulation method (FM / AM / etc.), the data and header formats, the transmission speed/baud, and the protocol and framing are all required to match as well.

The US National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) mandated that vehicles sold after 2007 must be equipped with a TPMS system but specified nothing about how they should work. Since there was no standard, each auto manufacturer came up with their own way to do it. As of today, there are about 75 different standards in use.

When you program one of these universal sensors, all of those parameters are programmed to match the car's receivers. In addition, each sensor is assigned a unique ID number. For some cars like Tesla, the car will learn the ID numbers from new sensors automatically. For many other cars though, the ID numbers of the sensors have to match what the car has stored in the ECU computer. So when programming, you either have to clone the ID numbers of the old sensors, or you have to reprogram the ECU at the same time you reprogram the sensors.

Your Schrader sensors from the Hyundai are likely programmable, but only by the Schrader tool. That tool may or may not know how to program them for a Tesla, that depends on if Schrader has updated the tool with all of the protocol information. Also, some brands of sensors lock themselves after the first programming, and can't be reprogrammed again. This is a security measure so that they don't get stolen and reprogrammed. I don't know if the Schrader sensors implement this. The Autels supposedly do not and can be reprogrammed, but I haven't confirmed this.

The only tool I have is the Autel tool, which can only program Autel sensors.

• Funny x 1
  5. Gouldness

Gouldness Lurker

Thanks. I'll buy a whole new set, was only $20 for the hyundai one's so no real loss. At least the new ones will have new everything, prob have them shipped directly to you when I do do them.

Cheers!

6. Big Ern

Big Ern Member

Bump for super fast turn around time. Satisfied customer ;-)

• Like x 1
  7. Oyster Bait

Oyster Bait Member

Click to find this thread when I need it shortly, hopefully. ;)

8. devildogDMD

devildogDMD Member

Wanted to give a bump to somejoe7777, dropped shipped my tpms to him via Amazon and he had them back to be in 2 days from Texas to DC. Installed and they work perfectly!!! Thanks Dan!! $125 out the door for tpms!!

• Like x 1
  9. mikeshyu

mikeshyu Member

Also wanted to give a shout-out. Quick turnaround. Got them installed and they work!

• Like x 1
  10. DFibRL8R

DFibRL8R Active Member

Thanks SomeJoe7777
    I got the TPMS's you programmed installed with my new winter tire set-up (X-ice, OEM 18" aero wheel) on my Model 3 RWD and all is working well.

• Like x 1
  11. wutangmo15

wutangmo15 Member

Can you program for the Model X and Model S?

12. SomeJoe7777

Yes, these same sensors can be programmed for Model S or Model X, including early Model S's that have the older TPMS system.

13. Weeno1

Weeno1 New Member

14. Weeno1

Weeno1 New Member

@SomeJoe7777 - I'm new to the forum and can't figure out how to private message you. Any chance you can start the conversation so I can respond? I'd love to have you help me get new TPMS for my 2015 Model S. Thanks

15. Castlerock

Castlerock Member

@SomeJoe7777 I'm in the same boat as Weeno1. Please message.

16. SomeJoe7777

Please check your private messages (look at the top of the web page for the square icon with the downwards arrow in it. It should have a red number overlaid on it that indicates you have an unread private message (also called a "conversation" on this forum).

17. DFibRL8R

DFibRL8R Active Member

In the future, to start a private message, click on his name under the Avatar (photo of the blue Model 3) and then click on the link to "start a conversation".

18. rcashu

rcashu New Member

@SomeJoe7777 - I just joined in the forum and I dont see an option to send you PM or start a conversation under your profile. Seems like I need more posts to get that option activated.

I am interested in buying this service to program the TPMS for my model 3. Will you be able to start the conversation so that I can respond to it?

Thanks.

19. SomeJoe7777

Hi @rcashu, please check your private messages.

20. exsibian

exsibian New Member

Hi SomeJoe7777, same here - just joined the forum and I'm interested in TPMS sensors, please send me the required info. Thanks!