Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For Sale: Range Buddy Plus Auto 50A - NEMA 14-50 2-way switcher

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello friends!

I am selling my Range Buddy Plus Auto unit after a few years in operation. If you are familiar with the Dryer Buddy, this by the same company (BSA Electronics) and is a high quality hand made here in the USA by one person. This particular model is a wall plug adapter which allows you to keep two NEMA 14-50 plugs connected to a single NEMA 14-50 outlet, while automatically switching between them depending on which one is in use. It worked perfectly while I used it with my model 3, but I have since moved into a new home with a different setup so I don't have a need for it anymore. It's great because I could have the Tesla plugged in while running the dryer, then when the dryer was finished running, the delay timer would switch over to the other plug and start charging the Tesla. There is also a digital readout panel to see how much current you're drawing, which I found useful.

The parts below were my exact order and price I paid:
1x Electric Range Buddy Plus AUTO #1 Custom 50A NEMA 14-50 2-way switcher, 3.5' 14-50 cable to two 14-50 outlets with kWh meter - with kWh meter for $418.29 each
1x Delay controller Upgrade Pak for Dryer Buddy Plus AUTO unit on order (waiting for build) for $74.99 each

This came out to just shy of $500. I am willing to part with this for $300 OBO plus shipping (around $20 for most parts of the US via UPS).

It never moved from it's location and was kept in perfect condition. Installation requires separate screws (not included) to wall mount but is otherwise plug and play. There is a blue status light to show the unit is able to provide power to both outlets.

Happy to answer any questions.

20211106_124514.jpg

20211106_124514.jpg

20220205_162709.jpg

Reactions: elee888 and KyleDay