TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC
  1. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

Are all of the photos of the pack that is actually for sale or just the last photo? The first two look to be taken at the Tesla factory and the third one shows what appears to be damage on the front left corner of the pack. Do you know what the SoC on the battery is?

2. Kevin Sharpe

Kevin Sharpe Active Member

Where are you? profile says "EU" but price is in USD :confused:

3. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

I wonder if it's an "A" pack or something later? Can you post a pic of the battery label?

4. palmer_md

palmer_md Member

Where is this pack located? Europe or US?

5. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

The clue that it is located in the U.S is the number of RVs in the background

6. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

@OP
    Pictures of the serial numbers and an official commentary from Tesla on the state of this pack would probably open you up to more interested buyers.

7. lolachampcar

lolachampcar Active Member

I looked at buying a "swimmer" and tried to work with Tesla to see what the status of the pack was on last reporting along with error codes and the like. The whole car could have been purchased for $10K. Tesla was mum citing customer privacy (and I was not looking for any customer information) so I abandoned the effort. If you can not get info from Tesla, these packs are nothing more than interesting engineering projects (IMHO, of course).

PS
    I was looking to use the pack for off hours PV storage at home :)

8. wk057

wk057 Senior Tinkerer

I was considering a similar project, but probably not for $30k :(

9. sha

sha New Member

im guessing EU stands for estados unidos which mean united states in spanish...

10. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

Anyone know if this pack is still for sale? It's been over two weeks since the OP commented. No new pics or anything.

11. Brian33

Brian33 Member

I hope to do the same with my battery when it's time for a new one. Thought about getting an Aquion M100 for the house now but at $15,000 for 22 kwh. it's just too pricey for me.
    Energy Storage Batteries | Grid Energy Storage | Aquion M100 Battery Module

12. lolachampcar

lolachampcar Active Member

Brian,

It is just going to take a nerd attack to digest communication with the battery. We would need to know where the smarts are on charging and emulate that function if it does not reside in the battery. I'd also like the ability to DC charge directly using a buck switcher to drop a set of series PVs to a constant current source for direct DC charging so it would be important to understand the car's charger/battery relationship.

Someone could generate a nice little business if they digested the architecture and then bought totaled MS' on the wholesale market (to be used for off grid storage applications). Of course, they would have to step into Tesla's roll providing warranty and repair of packs which is going to require a bit of business savvy on top of the engineering chops :)

13. wk057

wk057 Senior Tinkerer

I'd be interested perhaps $10k less than you're asking, provided you can give some more shots of the actual pack being sold, including the serial number/part number tag.

The fact that your first pics are of random batteries in the Tesla factory, and the only pic of the actual pack is very low resolution, has me concerned.

14. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

I'm more concerned that the pack has been sitting around at a very low SOC for so long.

15. wk057

wk057 Senior Tinkerer

Sent PM. I'm in NJ, and if the pack is in NY I cant be all that far. I'm ~2-3 hours from NYC.