Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For sale Tesla Model S tail lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently installed a EU set of tail lights in my Model S, and I'm selling the US tail lights. These are Tesla ORIGINAL, taken from from my Model S. The condition of all the lights is really good: no major scratches (just a tiny little one in one light I highlighted in the photo, I found it while cleaning the lens for the photos, I was not aware it was there), and never had problems with condensation or water inside the lenses or anything of the like.

I'm asking $100 for each one + shipping. If you plan to buy more than one, we can talk about a discount.
P/Ns are 6005918-00-E, 6005919-00-E and 6005922-00-E. My understanding is that these will fit any Model S before plaid. I don't know about plaid.

FrunkLH-Front.jpg

FrunkLH-Back.jpg

FrunkLH-PN.jpg

TailRH-Front.jpg
TailRH.jpg

TailRH-PN.jpg
TailLH-Front.jpg
TailLH-Back.jpg
TailLH-PN.jpg

TailLH-Scratch.jpg

I recently installed a EU set of tail lights in my Model S

Hey @M0rpH3x, how troublesome was the tail light swap?
I'm seriously considering taking the plunge as I LOVE LOVE the amber turn signals.

I saw this guy on YouTube who just changed the bodyside part of the assembly, so he was able to keep the double reverse lights, and didn't need to enable the rear fog light button on the gateway.config file so it shows up in the MCU... the best of both worlds, in my opinion, since I just want the amber turn signals and no red side lights also required by US federal law.

Thread bump and GLWTS!

Hey @M0rpH3x, how troublesome was the tail light swap?
I'm seriously considering taking the plunge as I LOVE LOVE the amber turn signals.

I saw this guy on YouTube who just changed the bodyside part of the assembly, so he was able to keep the double reverse lights, and didn't need to enable the rear fog light button on the gateway.config file so it shows up in the MCU... the best of both worlds, in my opinion, since I just want the amber turn signals and no red side lights also required by US federal law.

Thread bump and GLWTS!
Hi @Art VandeIay. I'm planning to write a short how-to. The hardware part is not complicated, you just need to be careful with the charging port (disconnect 12V and HV batteries, wait some time, check voltage, etc). It's also a bit painful to remove that particular tail light, and the nuts are easy to lose, so bring a magnetized screwdriver.

The software part is... tricky. I have gateway access and toolbox2 access. You need the gateway to set euvehicle 1 (which, by the way, has other side effects regarding lighting). And you need toolbox2 to reprogram the PEKTRON body controller. If you don't have toolbox, you car will brake and turn with both amber and red signals, unless you brake and turn at the same time (then it behaves as it should). I didn't find the reprogramming option in toolbox3, I'm not sure if it requires elevated access.

So depending on your situation it might be easy or complicated. My recommendation is that you try to sort the software part first. Once you figure that out, you can try to order the EU tail lights. There are other ways, but they require messing with the hardware. The way I did it is great, because it's OEM, it's the car that reconfigures itself.

If you are near SLC we can meet and we'll figure it out.

• Helpful
Reactions: Art VandeIay
Thanks for the quick reply!

I have root access on my vehicle so software is not an issue. But I think I'm going to go the slicing and adapting the wiring harness route, especially now that Tesla has released the official service manuals and wiring diagrams for everyone.

It's also a bit painful to remove that particular tail light, and the nuts are easy to lose, so bring a magnetized screwdriver.
This is exactly the kind of helpful tip that makes a great difference when tackling the job. Really appreciate it!

Thanks again for all your help, and good luck with the sale!

Guys, if you are interested in the remaining RH tail light, say it now. My Tesla is being shipped tomorrow to Europe, and I’m leaving shortly afterwards. If I don’t sell the tail light, I’ll take it with me, but shipping costs will skyrocket.

I’m open to offers.

In the end I didn’t. The hardware part was not very complicated, but there was a shortcut, provided you had a thin arm. The software part requires toolbox, and at the time I did it, it was not clear how to do it for toolbox3 (MCU2), which are now the majority of the cars.

I bought a set of turn signals from a junked car. So the clear part has red and amber LEDs inside for US/Euro? I initially thought just change the wiring to activate the amber instead of the red - and if the outer one still flashes red, I'm willing to live with that - but it's probably more complicated than that...

The “easy” way to do it is to set euvehicle to 1 and reprogram the body controller with toolbox. Then everything works. If you want to mess with the wiring, I’m not the right person to ask, but some other people here know.