Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For Sale: Tesla Powerwall 2 Founder Series and Gateway 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Selling my brand new Founder Series Red Powerwall 2 along with Gateway 2 and all accessories. Everything is brand new and is sitting on the pallet it was delivered to me on.

Asking $8,500

Local Pickup in Northern Orange County,CA only. (I am located just outside Orange, CA). I have no idea how much it would cost to ship this freight, so this is easiest.
Powerwall 2.jpg

Powerwall 1.jpg

I had one installed and if you want to preserve your warranty you need to have a certified Tesla installer handle the installation which you will need to get city permits also. The costs all depends on what needs to be done. If you need an additional sub panel there is more cost associated to that. You will need a kill switch which also needs to be added on and you will also need to have at least one CT added at the very least which is also not included. I learned a LOT on my first install / purchase. Total costs range from 3k to about 8k and even Tesla does not give you the total costs till they come onsite and inpsect all that needs to be done. The $1000 install credit is not transferable which was also disapointing.

Reactions: JLee8
I had one installed and if you want to preserve your warranty you need to have a certified Tesla installer handle the installation which you will need to get city permits also. The costs all depends on what needs to be done. If you need an additional sub panel there is more cost associated to that. You will need a kill switch which also needs to be added on and you will also need to have at least one CT added at the very least which is also not included. I learned a LOT on my first install / purchase. Total costs range from 3k to about 8k and even Tesla does not give you the total costs till they come onsite and inpsect all that needs to be done. The $1000 install credit is not transferable which was also disapointing.

Thanks for the insight! I've been contemplating getting Powerwall setup at my house, so I can ditch the backup generators. I thought it would compliment my solar but recently Tesla not selling Powerwalls w/o their solar install.

Looks like your local, I live close to Trabuco HS. How do you like your Powerwall(s)?