Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For sale: Tesla Wall Charger - Silver - with CEE 32A 3 phase Red Socket

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Selling a slightly used Tesla Wall Charger in Silver with a CEE 32A 3 phase Red socket. Simply mount to the wall and plug into a female red CEE 32A 3 phase, or direct wire if you prefer.

My new apartment has EV charging already installed so I no longer need this.

400 Chf!

• Informative
Reactions: krouebi
Hi,

you are aware that the connection you suggest may be feasible, but due to the lack of supplementary protection (RCD) in the TWC, illegal, at least in most parts of Europe? Otherwise it's an excellent offer, but if you have to count in between 200 and 300 EUR for the RCD, a little less so.

Care to explain in detail? This was installed by a certified electrician and approved by the local authorities in Switzerland. The kit comes with all options available for install from the original box sold by Tesla and I am including in addition:

- Red CEE 32A female 32A (already wired to HPC for easy install)
- Red CEE 32A male angled socket that can be attached to wall
- Distribution box with DIN rail 40A circuit breaker

So I am not clear on your comment. I assure you this is COMPLETELY legal and was professionally installed and certified.

• Informative
Hi @webbah

Sorry for late response.

I gladly accept that your installation may be legal according to Swiss electrical standards.

However, if you care to have a glance at the forum of Tesla Fahrer und Freunde, you will find endless threads on precisely that subject - and a solution like yours is considered highly illegal, and thus (the forum being German) a dire threat to humanity .

Links:
FI-Schutzschalter für Tesla-Wallbox

Tesla Wall Connector EU ist da

Kosten Installation Wallbox Schweiz

(in fact, in the last link it seems that the particular RCD type is mandatory in Germany, but only recommended in Switzerland).

• Disagree
Reactions: webbah
Hi @webbah

Sorry for late response.

I gladly accept that your installation may be legal according to Swiss electrical standards.

However, if you care to have a glance at the forum of Tesla Fahrer und Freunde, you will find endless threads on precisely that subject - and a solution like yours is considered highly illegal, and thus (the forum being German) a dire threat to humanity .

Links:
FI-Schutzschalter für Tesla-Wallbox

Tesla Wall Connector EU ist da

Kosten Installation Wallbox Schweiz

(in fact, in the last link it seems that the particular RCD type is mandatory in Germany, but only recommended in Switzerland).

And again I ask you what you are referring to?? Like I mentioned this includes a "DIN RAIL 40A Circuit Breaker" (RCD) and the distribution box. In other words, I am including the entire HPC kit from Tesla, in it's original box with all accessories, and ALSO including the equipment needed to install it to 3 phase with full circuit protection.

So I have no idea what you are going on about. The Red CEE 32A plug was connected with 1 meter of cable to the distribution box, circuit breaker and then from there a long cable went to the main electrical meter. Approved install from Tesla and ALSO the SAME setup a friend has in Germany which was ALSO approved by local electricians.

Hello again @webbah,

OK - if what you describe as "DIN RAIL 40A Circuit Breaker" is effectively the RCD/Fehlerstromschutzschalter Type A EV, then of course there's no problem, and at 400 CHF/371 EUR for the complete kit the price is very attractive indeed.

If these times had been "normal", I could even be very tempted to buy (we very regularly pass Lucerne), but due to the pandemic I'm unfortunately not able to :(.

Good luck with the sale :)!

And here it is... limited to just 10A but will do the job perfect :)

Attachments

• 20210313_114143-1.jpg
    20210313_114143-1.jpg
    427.1 KB · Views: 152
Hehe... yeah. That plug has nothing to to with the TWC. It is just for an additional water pump. All the stuff is stored inside the wood box... We can not have a full loading quipment in our comany, but my boss allowed me to drill ahole into the wall and take the power of one of the T15 plugs... that offers 3 x 10A@230V.. more than enough for me :) And now, also with a nice design :) :)

• Love