Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For Sale USED set of 4 Tesla winter rims, tires and TPS sensors for Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4ea of Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D
245/45 R19 (19 in rims) on Tesla stock rims with TPMS installed for pre VIN 50900 ... newer VINs require a different version of sensor, still a good buy if you have to replace the sensors.

Keep your summer rims pristine by using winter tires and rims.

Rims are in good condition with two minor chips, I have pictures if you want to see. Typical aging as a result of winter use.

I will include a set of tote bags for easier carrying.

As a car enthusiast and expert I often get the question; Do I need winter tires? If your every day temperature is consistently below 42 degrees Fahrenheit all winter long then *yes* you should use winter tires, even if you do not have snow. Regardless if you have a two-wheel drive or four-wheel drive the fact is four wheel drive does not help you with stopping or steering and corners (4WD only helps during acceleration). All-weather tires rubber gets hard in cold temperatures and thus have poor stopping in steering abilities. This goes true for dry cold pavement as well as the obvious snow-covered roads. Think of your all-weather tires getting so hard in the colder temperatures that it's like plastic on dry pavement and as a result slip.

I sold my Model S to somebody down south and it did not need my winter wheels and tires. I bought a model X so I no longer need these. I used them for two Winters. They started with 8 mm of tread and now they have 4-5 mm left, which is about two more Winters worth.

These are original Tesla manufactured rims with center caps, tire pressure sensors installed, mounted and balanced. Simply change the wheels and use a touch screen to reprogram the TPS sensors and you're ready to go for the winter.

I assume somebody living in Minneapolis MN would be interesting purchasing these. I live in Cohasset MN and I am willing to meet half way at the Hinckley MN supercharger station.

If someone is interested in me shipping these to you then we would have to discuss what the shipping cost would be for your location. For example to Colorado is about $210 via UPS.

Cheers!

20170824_150327.jpg 20170824_150427.jpg 2017-10-17 1237 (0) Tesla Model S winter wheels and tires.jpg 2017-10-17 1238 (6) Tesla Model S winter wheels and tires.jpg 2017-10-17 1240 (3) Tesla Model S winter wheels and tires.jpg 2017-10-17 1241 (4) Tesla Model S winter wheels and tires.jpg 2017-10-17 1237 (1) Tesla Model S winter wheels and tires.jpg 2017-10-17 1239 (2) Tesla Model S winter wheels and tires.jpg 2017-10-17 1241 (5) Tesla Model S winter wheels and tires.jpg

I've been looking for a winter set for my 2016 Model-S 75... unsure if these (with TPMs) would even work(?)

The size will work with your 2016 Model S75 but check your vin, I am guessing it is after 50900 so I am sure the TPMs will not work. That being said check with your local shop as to how much it would cost you to change the TPMs ... keep in mind you probably could sell the old TPMs. I would think even with the cost of changing the TPMs these will be cheaper than the $2,500 for a new set.

Cheers