Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For Sale: Valid CA plates "TESLA MS".

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

joefee

May 29, 2011
WA
For Sale: Valid and transferable CA plates "TESLA MS"... the only one in CA!!! Have the ultimate Custom Car Name Plate for your Model S or the mate to "Mr Tesla" ... Plates are 12 years old (ordered when the "Model S" name was announced). This may be import for some collectors who want original memorabilia.

If desired, the new CA owner can exchange these plates with my CA DMV plate retention letter to the DMV and get a duplicate brand new set of plates upon transfer registration to their vehicle. This can be done at my AAA club office.

One-of-a kind plates for historic vehicles can go for 5 to 10K or more! Accepting all reasonable offers via TMC private message to joefee. TESLA MS.jpg IMG-1904.JPG

Attachments

• TESLA MS.jpg
    TESLA MS.jpg
    617.3 KB · Views: 69
I've paid the vanity plate and retention fees for 12 years ... so I'm asking 2K for serious interested persons..the rest of you can go to xxxx.

But you also owned and used the plate during those 12 years.. so you're trying to recoup >100% that sunk cost? It shouldn't matter how long you owned the plate or paid the fees. The only value is what someone is willing to pay now. GLWS.

• Funny
Reactions: BarryL
Mine is a bargain ... Saeed Abdul Ghafour Khouri was willing to pay 52.2 dirham -- the equivalent of $14.3 million -- for the local license plate labeled "1" at an auction at the 7-star Emirates Palace Hotel in Abu Dhabi, making it the world's most expensive license plate.

$4,399.00 https://www.ebay.com/itm/CALIFORNIA-VANITY-LICENSE-PLATE-I-LOVE-UBER/163509114540?hash=item2611e716ac:g:DWcAAOSwmo1cTVUy

That's like saying your painting should sell for $1M because it's a bargain compared to Van Gogh's $100M paintings.

But it would not be a valid usable plate you could drive with!!!!
Sure they could - we see plates from Mexico, other states, and even European plates and whatnot in California - unless you're doing something stupid, you don't get stopped.

People (especially Tesla owners) still don't wear front license plates in CA, and some still have paper advertisement plates on (which haven't been allowed on vehicles sold in California since January 1st, 2019, so, they're driving around without valid plates) - no one gets stopped or ticketed.