Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For sale: Whatever you want

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yet again. Being able to compare the price of a used car to the price of a new car on Tesla.com does not make me an authority. It simply means I have the ability to read and can perform basic subtraction.

If you are in the market to buy a car, please take your conversations to PM. Your posts are always off topic and continue to derail discussions about the car listed for sale.
You’re arguing with a wall. He just doesn’t get it.

At least people who say the certain car is over priced are staying on topic and discussing the actual listing unlike him who is only attacking those who dare to ask questions or offer advice.

Yet again. Being able to compare the price of a used car to the price of a new car on Tesla.com does not make me an authority. It simply means I have the ability to read and can perform basic subtraction.

If you are in the market to buy a car, please take your conversations to PM. Your posts are always off topic and continue to derail discussions about the car listed for sale.

Taking whatever info you have attained from wherever and using that as firepower to publicly tell someone they're an evil person who is preying on unsuspecting would-be buyers is what makes you an authority. Good lord, I now have to explain to you what that word means?

I get it now.. you're one of those Russian bots that takes things someone else has said, applied zero logic, and then spit similar phrasing back out in an argumentative manner to spark idiotic debate that just runs in circles.

Reactions: Super_Popular
Taking whatever info you have attained from wherever and using that as firepower to publicly tell someone they're an evil person who is preying on unsuspecting would-be buyers is what makes you an authority. Good lord, I now have to explain to you what that word means?

I get it now.. you're one of those Russian bots that takes things someone else has said, applied zero logic, and then spit similar phrasing back out in an argumentative manner to spark idiotic debate that just runs in circles.
Let me break this down so even you can understand.

If you knowingly try to sell your used car for more than a new car, in hopes an uninformed person pays your asking price... that absoultly does mean you are predatory.

If someone posts a car for sale, then someone else replies with discussion on the price... the discussion is still about the original topic. As soon as you inevitably reply in the tread, complaining about people discussing price, you have then made a comment that has to do with another user and not the actual topic. That means your comment is by definition off-topic. You continue to derail threads with off-topic bickering.

If you have an issue with someone talking about the price of a vehicle, discuss it with that person in PM and do not clutter up threads with your off-topic discussions. I am just asking you to be respectful.

Unfortunately the end result here is that many sellers (realistic or "delusional) will not consider posting a car for sale on this forum.
Exactly.

But because a few on this forum back each other up and follow each other around defending one another across various threads and ganging up to bully others they assume that they're right and that gives them the right to be jerks to others on this forum.

Case in point:

Let me break this down so even you can understand.

If you knowingly try to sell your used car for more than a new car, in hopes an uninformed person pays your asking price... that absoultly does mean you are predatory.

If someone posts a car for sale, then someone else replies with discussion on the price... the discussion is still about the original topic. As soon as you inevitably reply in the tread, complaining about people discussing price, you have then made a comment that has to do with another user and not the actual topic. That means your comment is by definition off-topic. You continue to derail threads with off-topic bickering.

If you have an issue with someone talking about the price of a vehicle, discuss it with that person in PM and do not clutter up threads with your off-topic discussions. I am just asking you to be respectful.

If someone is a predator there's a victim. If nobody buys the car there's no predator. Buying a car is a voluntary action so stop acting like there's so many victims out there due to someone's asking price of a car. It devalues the term victim for those who are actual victims.

Asking me to be respectful? Now you're the authority on what respectful looks like? Funny how that doesn't apply to your disrespectful posts in other's for sale threads which started this entire conversation. If you showed any respect at all towards others this conversation wouldn't be happening.

Time to start adding people to my ignore list on this forum.

Reactions: Super_Popular

JamesBrown doesn’t get it. He spends all day and NIGHT responding to this website and has no other life. Very negative human being. It’s 2:30 and I have 2 minutes to type this as most of the rest of us have more important things to do. I just have to respond to this guy. I wonder if JamesBrown goes to dealerships and tells them what they should price their vehicle. I’m
Out......

JamesBrown doesn’t get it. He spends all day and NIGHT responding to this website and has no other life. Very negative human being. It’s 2:30 and I have 2 minutes to type this as most of the rest of us have more important things to do. I just have to respond to this guy. I wonder if JamesBrown goes to dealerships and tells them what they should price their vehicle. I’m
Out......
You claim to be so busy and have more important things to do, yet you continually follow my every post and personally attack me. Literally your last weeks worth of posts have all be directly to me or about me. Close to 30% of your entire posting history is dedicated to me.

I wish I could say I was flattered by your obsession with me, but frankly it is a little unsettling. Please seek help.
Finding Help: When to Get It and Where to Go

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    102.7 KB · Views: 84
You claim to be so busy and have more important things to do, yet you continually follow my every post and personally attack me. Literally your last weeks worth of posts have all be directly to me or about me. Close to 30% of your entire posting history is dedicated to me.

I wish I could say I was flattered by your obsession with me, but frankly it is a little unsettling. Please seek help.
Finding Help: When to Get It and Where to Go

that's hilarious

Are you kidding me with this. YOU are the most disrespectful troll in the for sale section.

You should follow your own advice.

Back on ignore you go.

Last edited:
Out......

Agreed.

This does not make them "predatory". This makes the uninformed person, just that, uninformed. If someone doesn't have 5 minutes to look at the price of a new car and heads straight to the For Sale forum in TMC to buy a car that's possibly overpriced, they are just dumb.

Reactions: Ostrichsak
Are you kidding me with this. YOU are the most disrespectful troll in the for sale section.

You should follow your own advice.

Back on ignore you go.
It's a weird phenomenon. There seems to be a vocal minority of members on this forum that view my comparison of used car prices to new car prices as "trolling".

I am sure it is just a coincidence that 4 of the 5 of them have all posted a car for sale asking vastly more than it's worth.

Predatory sellers should be banned.

This does not make them "predatory". This makes the uninformed person, just that, uninformed. If someone doesn't have 5 minutes to look at the price of a new car and heads straight to the For Sale forum in TMC to buy a car that's possibly overpriced, they are just dumb.
Basing your sale price on hopes that a dumb person overpays exactly makes you predatory. It means you know your price isn't fair and you're targeting uninformed people.

This practice should be banned.

Basing your sale price on hopes that a dumb person overpays exactly makes you predatory. It means you know your price isn't fair and you're targeting uninformed people.

This practice should be banned.
I am willing to bet youll reach 400 posts on a tesla form specifically in the classifieds section where you have not bought or sold 1 thung

I am willing to bet youll reach 400 posts on a tesla form specifically in the classifieds section where you have not bought or sold 1 thung
Thankfully my current vehicles are more than fine for my needs. When I find the right thung at the right pruce, I will buy it.

But I get the feeling that even when I do buy one, your unhealthy obsession with me will not end.