TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

for the owners of green teslas

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by kort677, Dec 18, 2015.

1. kort677

kort677 Active Member

I just traded in my green model s and I have a barely used bottle of touch up paint.
    who wants it?

2. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

Aren't all Tesla's green?

:hides from tomatoes:

• Like x 2
  3. Chris TX

Chris TX Active Member

I'll take it. The one I had dried up, somehow.

4. kort677

kort677 Active Member

send me your info and I'll get it to yoou

5. brooklynrab

brooklynrab Member

As a model green p85 classic owner, I have a question -- anyone have any idea how many green ones are out there? Curious if having a green one gives us any collectibility value.

6. green1

green1 Active Member

They are rare, but not so rare as to make them any more collectible than any other colour. And certainly not as rare as sig-red.

Of course it is the *best* colour, so there's always that ;)

7. kort677

kort677 Active Member

I believe that until the color was discontinued only 2% of the cars delivered were green.

8. green1

green1 Active Member

I didn't believe you, so I looked it up... according to this article from April 2014 Revealing the Most Popular Tesla Model S Configurations - TESLARATI.com
    you're correct, and interestingly, it shows that to be the same percentage as sig-red!

Interestingly enough though, according to this poll What color is your Model S? we make up 7%, so either sales of green cars spiked in the later half of 2014, or we are far more represented on TMC than our numbers should suggest :)

• Funny x 1
  9. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

I'm going to posit that those of us with green, brown, Sig red, etc., were far more likely to answer that poll than was someone-with-yet-another-black, and so on.

To counter green1's blasphemous penultimate post, as time passes and the market is flooded with ever so many more shades of white and black, thus making that much more minuscule the percentage of those True Colors, the collectibility of a Greenie is going to rise by a zillion percent. Even two zillion!

10. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

There is a green 2012 p85 44k miles with radar detector and some nice extras I am aware of for sale. Should sell for about 68k. PM me for contact info if interested.

11. green1

green1 Active Member

My biggest worry is that my vehicle is such a unique one that it is literally irreplaceable if I were to ever need to. Green P85+ with autopilot? I'd never find another like that in Canada!

12. AudubonB

I guess we all can spend the money - about US$3,500, I think? - to have a professional wrap job in any color we desire. Does anyone know what a high-quality paint job costs?

13. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

Plastidip is an option too. FLDarren just plastidip'd his car green. Looks fantastic. This pic is before he applied satin gloss to the car.
    wdv1yjf.jpg

Note the same a Tesla green, but it's a great color.

14. green1

green1 Active Member

wow, never thought plastidip could look so good!

15. DieAbetic

DieAbetic Member

I have nothing really to add, just wanted to join in saying I have a 2014 Green S60 with autopilot AND factory paint armor... the ultimate rare green.

So rare, I'm sure it's worth $150K :p

That plastidip actually looks pretty damn good

16. AudubonB

I'm not a fan of matte, and I think all Plasti Dips are, effectively, matte, even when a gloss cover later is applied. Happy to be shown incorrect.

17. VERDNT_P85

VERDNT_P85 Member

Thanks for the link. I've been wondering about this as well. Proud to be among the Green.

Can someone please post a Pic of a metallic green trunk with the carbon spoiler? I'm considering adding it to my 2013 P85, (CPO purchase). I'm also wondering about the durability of the double sided tape they use to put it on.

thanks fellow greenies

18. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

I've proudly gone through two Green Teslas. :) My second one is probably one of the last Greens produced in late-2014.

Wife's set on a (lighter) Blue Model 3 though.

19. AudubonB

Our winter home is also home to some supremely talented restorers...which means ultra-fastidious paint jobs...so if the time ever comes to replace the Audiemobile, Audiemobile #2 could get a fine green paint job as well. Does anyone know the preferred base paint for a fairly dark green? I would think basic black, but in truth I've no such experience.

Another question is whether the California-mandated low VOC paint is the appropriate base coat upon which to apply a different-colored top coat; whether it would need to be matte-prepped to grab the next coat, etc. But I'm sure the paint folks are familiar with those kinds of problems.

20. green1

green1 Active Member

Hope this helps
    20151017_111814.jpg
    20151017_111724.jpg