Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

for the owners of green teslas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe that until the color was discontinued only 2% of the cars delivered were green.
I didn't believe you, so I looked it up... according to this article from April 2014 Revealing the Most Popular Tesla Model S Configurations - TESLARATI.com
you're correct, and interestingly, it shows that to be the same percentage as sig-red!

Interestingly enough though, according to this poll What color is your Model S? we make up 7%, so either sales of green cars spiked in the later half of 2014, or we are far more represented on TMC than our numbers should suggest :)

• Funny
Reactions: st50maint
I'm going to posit that those of us with green, brown, Sig red, etc., were far more likely to answer that poll than was someone-with-yet-another-black, and so on.

To counter green1's blasphemous penultimate post, as time passes and the market is flooded with ever so many more shades of white and black, thus making that much more minuscule the percentage of those True Colors, the collectibility of a Greenie is going to rise by a zillion percent. Even two zillion!

I guess we all can spend the money - about US$3,500, I think? - to have a professional wrap job in any color we desire. Does anyone know what a high-quality paint job costs?

Plastidip is an option too. FLDarren just plastidip'd his car green. Looks fantastic. This pic is before he applied satin gloss to the car.
wdv1yjf.jpg

Note the same a Tesla green, but it's a great color.

Thanks for the link. I've been wondering about this as well. Proud to be among the Green.

Can someone please post a Pic of a metallic green trunk with the carbon spoiler? I'm considering adding it to my 2013 P85, (CPO purchase). I'm also wondering about the durability of the double sided tape they use to put it on.

thanks fellow greenies

Our winter home is also home to some supremely talented restorers...which means ultra-fastidious paint jobs...so if the time ever comes to replace the Audiemobile, Audiemobile #2 could get a fine green paint job as well. Does anyone know the preferred base paint for a fairly dark green? I would think basic black, but in truth I've no such experience.

Another question is whether the California-mandated low VOC paint is the appropriate base coat upon which to apply a different-colored top coat; whether it would need to be matte-prepped to grab the next coat, etc. But I'm sure the paint folks are familiar with those kinds of problems.

Thanks for the link. I've been wondering about this as well. Proud to be among the Green.

Can someone please post a Pic of a metallic green trunk with the carbon spoiler? I'm considering adding it to my 2013 P85, (CPO purchase). I'm also wondering about the durability of the double sided tape they use to put it on.

thanks fellow greenies
Hope this helps
20151017_111814.jpg

20151017_111724.jpg