Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For those looking to effectively Black out their Tesla Badges Front + Black

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was considering plasti dipping or vinyl wrapping my badges since i hate the chrome look but came across this cool etsy store that sells stick on caps that precisely go over the badges. Just recieved them and boy do i love them!

For those interested, you welcome!
3PCS Matte Black Tesla Logo ABS Plastic Stick on Cap for Tesla | Etsy
Do you feel it makes it more bulky with a cover on top or hard to even notice? I've been debating Plasti dip but don't want to deal with the process and prefer to take the easy way out. Any pictures you can share from a distance and closeup?

@JLERX hey cool thanks for sharing! So they cover the entire badge, sides and all? That's pretty cool. Straightforward to install? (Peel & stick?)

@JLERX also, could you please share a few photos of the front and rear badge covers on your car? The ones on the Etsy page look pretty good but would be nice to get some more examples of how it looks. (Feel free to post steering wheel pics as well, though I would probably pass on that one personally.)

Do you feel it makes it more bulky with a cover on top or hard to even notice? I've been debating Plasti dip but don't want to deal with the process and prefer to take the easy way out. Any pictures you can share from a distance and closeup?
Plastidipping...is generally what I consider "the easy way out", though you can't plastidip the steering wheel. And yes, these caps (or any caps), will "bulk up" the emblem slightly, though you really only notice if you are trying to do caps for letters (like, if they had a 'dual motor' cap), though you can see that the gap on the Tesla emblem doesn't look quite right between the two pieces because they are much closer together. Its a bit deceptive on their website...you need to look at the pics of it installed on the car instead of the ones where they are not that have a huge gap between the two pieces.

Anyway, I wouldn't cover the tesla emblem unless you were either 1. removing the 'dual motor' badge, or 2. plastidipping the dual motor badge. Having a black tesla emblem and chrome dual motor would look weird IMO.

I plastidipped everything (and it still looks as perfect as the day I did it a year ago, even after plenty of power washing), though I'm considering removing the dual motor badge since I like a "clean" look in the back and it would make washing/drying the car easier. All Y's are dual motors now anyway, and so few singles were sold, so the distinction doesn't matter with the badge.

I plastidipped everything (and it still looks as perfect as the day I did it a year ago, even after plenty of power washing), though I'm considering removing the dual motor badge since I like a "clean" look in the back and it would make washing/drying the car easier. All Y's are dual motors now anyway, and so few singles were sold, so the distinction doesn't matter with the badge.
Im looking to do this too since im already using plastidip for the hubcaps, might as well dip the emblems and remove that dual motor badge.

Im looking to do this too since im already using plastidip for the hubcaps, might as well dip the emblems and remove that dual motor badge.

Yeah, I removed the dual motor badge yesterday. Took about 10 minutes. Hair dryer, floss, and then some goof off. I did use my fingers to remove most of the foam adhesive that the floss didn't get (which...was most of it), but that was easy once heated a bit. Just pinched it with two fingers.

Reactions: Mulkogi
Reactions: JLERX
@JLERX also, could you please share a few photos of the front and rear badge covers on your car? The ones on the Etsy page look pretty good but would be nice to get some more examples of how it looks. (Feel free to post steering wheel pics as well, though I would probably pass on that one personally.)

Attachments

• IMG_9949.jpg
    IMG_9949.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 7,587
@JLERX thanks that's helpful. Interestingly, in your photo, the logo looks smooth, and kind of gray colored (close to the MSM of your car), yet in the listing they look more black in color and textured.
Correct! I messaged the seller to see what other color options they offer. I ended up purchasing a non listed “Gloss black” instead of matte. They should be updating the color variants to the listing soon.

• Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
these look amazing. I was a little sceptical at first but I can’t fault some of the images / reviews on their Etsy.

Only concern I have is around the dual motor segment. Doesn’t look like many people have chosen to do that or at least they haven’t uploaded images of it?

Did you cap the dual motor or maybe you don’t have the dual motor.