TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

For those that picked up their MS at the plant...

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Elctrek, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Elctrek

Elctrek Darth Voltage

Just curious on how many days before your scheduled pick date did they begin production... guessing about 4-5?

2. maxwells

maxwells P85 43796

Around 5 days for me. Delivery this Thursday; went into production late Saturday.

3. tryfekid

tryfekid Member

Mine is scheduled for delivery on Saturday June 28th at 11AM at the factory. Still sourcing parts. VIN #44477. I'll let you know when it goes into production.

4. Elctrek

Elctrek Darth Voltage

44503 in production this morning... Yee Haw! :rolleyes::biggrin:

5. tryfekid

tryfekid Member

Just checked now like I always do every late night and mine is in production also.

6. Ugliest1

Ugliest1 S85: "Sparky"

VINs are so strange. I was just at the Las Vegas showroom two days ago and their show model VIN was in the 45,000's.

7. llngoc

llngoc Member

Mine too!!! VIN is 47000ish though.

8. Larry

Larry Member

Congrats be sure to schedule the factory tour ahead of time if picking up M-F

9. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

I believe Factory tours are only Monday - Thursday, and excluding Major Holidays.
    The factory last tour will be Monday, June 30th, closed during the Month of July, and resume Monday, Aug. 4th.

The Tesla employee I corresponded with stated that they will not be allowed to arrange customer tours for the entire month of July.
    They prefer to keep groups to a maximum of four people, minimum height is 48" tall.

10. llngoc

llngoc Member

Yes, all set up for Monday morning.

11. Elctrek

Elctrek Darth Voltage

I pick up at the factory on Friday, June 27 at 2pm... followed by a tour.

12. Elctrek

Elctrek Darth Voltage

WOW! They are quick when they want to be at the Tesla factory... My S when into production on Friday and showed up as completed this morning...:eek: Also confirmed pick up car followed by a tour on Friday. Car will be done early but can get out of business plans in SF the day before :crying: Friday will be a great day!

13. llngoc

llngoc Member

Me too. It just turned into production complete last night.

14. DennisLevitt

DennisLevitt Member

@purplewalt
    I think the No Factory Tours in July does not apply to those picking up their car. I'm scheduled to pick up another MS on July 11, and my DES wrote:

No worries about the factory tour! We aren’t scheduling tour-only appointments until August, but customers taking delivery will still be given a tour.

15. llngoc

llngoc Member

Just got a call this morning and now I am picking up on Friday also. Did your DS also ask you to bring a cashier check? This is the first time I was asked to get a cashier check to pay for a car. And this is not even the most expensive one. :confused:

16. swaltner

swaltner Member

I wonder if this is an accounting rule where they wouldn't be allowed to count the sale as complete until after quarter-end (Monday) if they were waiting on a personal check to clear...

17. llngoc

llngoc Member

I think so but the odd thing was that she did not mention it until I inquire about the estimate amount due. And when I was first contacted for the 6/30 appointment, it was not mentioned too. Good thing is that my bank's branch office is just down the street from the factory so I will just stop by on the way.

18. Ugliest1

Ugliest1 S85: "Sparky"

I think a cashier's cheque is more or less a standard thing when dealing with multiple tens of thousands $$. I tried to put mine on VISA but they wouldn't allow that either! :)

19. llngoc

llngoc Member

But check has always been okay. I bought all of my cars with my checkbook before and at least one of them is quite a bit more expensive than the Tesla. Also, this time I am leasing so it is actually quite a small amount. If I never asked, I would have just bought my checkbook with me. It would have been a mess.

The only time I was asked to make a purchase with a cashier check was at the Title company for a house.

20. Elctrek

Elctrek Darth Voltage

I was told a cashiers check, personal check or bank transfer... I am bringing a personal check... but mine is a 3 year lease... maybe that makes a difference??