Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For those that think $8k is too much for Full Autonomy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$8k may well not be too much for FULL Autonomy (ie a driver-less car). Its way to much for a promise of future FULL autonomy which is unlikely to be realized and even less likely to be permitted.
Your opinion may vary, but today (and for the foreseeable future), your not getting any of the things on your list ...

Man I'd love to take some of these claims into real money bets that have been floating around here doubting Tesla.. :D

• Love
Reactions: GSP and Anssi
1. Try pricing a Mercedes E-class with the closest thing to Autopilot 1.0 (still not as good), it will cost nearly $12K in upgrade packages!!

2. Use the Tesla Network to have your car earn money driving people around when you don't use it

3. A couple or family could have 1 car instead of multiple since it could pickup and dropoff multiple family members throughout the day and be summoned when needed.

4. Think about your productivity gains from not having to waste time driving yourself or finding parking... its like having a really cheap personal Chaffeur thus allowing you to get more work done (side jobs for extra $ or allows you to work less hours at the office since you work during the commute), or relax and watch movies, etc.

5. It saves airfare and hotel cost on long trips since you can sleep in the back while it drives you overnight.

6. Added safety that could prevent costly accidents and eventually result in significantly lower insurance premiums.
Still has to deal with traffic like the rest of us!

Let your car be used (Tesla network) making $ for you? No thanks! Am I misunderstanding this "feature"? I don't want anybody else in my car that I don't approve of or don't know personally. Is this like having your expensive car used as a taxi? All the other points sound fantastic, and fantastical. We have to assume that by that time, Tesla vehicles are 100% reliable, and won't have any issues which necessitate leaving at the service center for weeks.
Are we all missing the utopia of this?! We didn't spend 6 figures on a car (most likely) because it is a six-figure car. We did it to subsidize the future electric car buyers!

Honestly though, I am not so sure that I would be terribly comfortable with anyone in my car driving or not that I did not know personally. Regardless of how much or how little said car cost me.