Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For those TRULY expecting FSD to actually do what Elon has claimed it will do…anticipate more delays.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
“How does Musk keep his new purchase afloat? Having observed Musk in action for years there is one troubling option I suspect he may pursue: raid Tesla. But siphoning cash from Tesla, Musk's only profitable company, just as serious competition is toppling its dominance, should concern Tesla's investors.”

“How does Musk keep his new purchase afloat? Having observed Musk in action for years there is one troubling option I suspect he may pursue: raid Tesla. But siphoning cash from Tesla, Musk's only profitable company, just as serious competition is toppling its dominance, should concern Tesla's investors.”
Samuel Bankman-Fried's one company FTX's money was diverted to his other company Alameda Research and, in turn, ruined them both.

But people would like to compartmentalize that it happens to others but not to them.

Elon has already stolen personnel resources from Tesla FSD to keep Twitter afloat. The Tesla board should never let him do that, and it doesn’t speak well for the board’s management of Tesla. They should absolutely not allow him to slosh money from Tesla into Twitter.

I got out of Tesla stock back when it was falling but still around $850, and before the three-way split. I got tired of Elon’s history of progressively more disturbing behaviors and statements. I think his public perceptions are becoming dangerous to all his companies.

Tesla is making so much money these days that the Twitter purchase will have little significance. Elon simply wanted to take another run at his X Platform that will allow people with different beliefs to speak freely. Most would feel that is a high ideal. Twitter was dirty, and Elon will clean it up.
Wow. Is this the new version of “FSD is happening”?

• Funny
Reactions: 2101Guy
Elon has already stolen personnel resources from Tesla FSD to keep Twitter afloat. The Tesla board should never let him do that, and it doesn’t speak well for the board’s management of Tesla. They should absolutely not allow him to slosh money from Tesla into Twitter.
Say what? Do you have any evidence that the resources were "stolen"? (Hint: as long as Twitter reimburses TSLA 100% for the services of the borrowed employees, it is perfectly legal.) Do you have evidence that Twitter will not pay? (If they don't, the Tesla board members could be held personally liable -- and easy legal case for which I'm sure ambulance-chasing lawyers are lining up to file.)

Reactions: Dewg
So who is monitoring this to make sure we are reimbursed? He shouldn’t have been able to just drag Tesla employees into this mess. A general can‘t just order his men to paint his off base personal house. It’s just plain illegal and wrong. This is no difference. Paying them is quite ok but it’s still never done openly.

• Informative
Reactions: 2101Guy
This is quite key:

"Unfortunately, Musk has burned bridges with the logical parties that could backstop Twitter's growing liquidity pressure. Musk's bankers, for example, are unlikely to be interested in loaning Twitter more cash. They are already facing losses of more than $500 million on the loans they arranged back in April, after spiking interest rates and Twitter's deteriorating financial prospects under Musk killed the market appeal on the proposed bonds arranged to fund the deal.

And with Twitter's LBO debt valued at just 50 to 60 cents on the dollar, the investors who contributed cash to help Elon buy Twitter might have already had their equity value wiped out."

And then factor in the ongoing missed timelines/missed deadlines, etc as it relates to "solving" Full Self Driving, and well....:

Musk says if Tesla can solve full self-driving, the company will be very valuable, but if not, it will be basically worthless.​

Say what? Do you have any evidence that the resources were "stolen"? (Hint: as long as Twitter reimburses TSLA 100% for the services of the borrowed employees, it is perfectly legal.) Do you have evidence that Twitter will not pay? (If they don't, the Tesla board members could be held personally liable -- and easy legal case for which I'm sure ambulance-chasing lawyers are lining up to file.)
Perhaps “misappropriated” is more correct. They were supposedly working on FSD. Again, the Tesla board of directors should not have allowed it to happen.

if Tesla can solve full self-driving

The longer it goes on without reaching a conclusion where it can reasonably be deemed as solved / delivered (of course in reality work / development is never completed!) the harder it will be to meet the commitment to deliver on legacy platforms. While any such commitment will be / has been diluted with newer cars, there is still and will remain a core of cars that get further and further from current production hardware spec. If Tesla stays in business (which despite the present situation I think it will in some form) you could see fsd included cars sold with the promise of hardware update to be valued primarily against that promise and the gamble that it might one day be delivered.

Once legally tested and established that such a promise is binding within a given timeframe, that would open the door to claims for owners to have their cars made good.

Of course, this is based on IF FSD ever comes out of beta.