Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For those who are currently in the market for new MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just used this inventory site today (filter by lowest price cars) to find some of the last batches of S75 RWD being produced (Fremont location).

The OA confirmed the specific one I ordered is in the last stages of the factory process and will be done within days / delivery date within 2 weeks.

Tesla Inventory List - Find your next car

If the configuration is what you want, it may be worth considering given these RWD 75S are likely the uncorked version (0 to 60 as fast as the 65D) and you're getting some discount on having a single motor ($5k cheaper than 75D).

Most importantly, these will definitely be delivered to you by the end of the year, so you don't have to deal with the head of the potential EV rebates going away next year (why its risky to order a custom 75D today imo).

Reactions: Gt1948 and nasatech
Inventory seems very sparse over the last month. Also I'm not sure if it's just me, but the remaining RWD 75s seems pretty pricey and even some 100ds with discounts have been found for not much more. Even used inventory prices seem to have gone up and limited in supply.

What they explained to me is that they flat out cannot sell them. You can use any means to find them but I was told they cannot sell the cars period. They themselves don't know why... some say it is to focus on model 3 production, others think they are trying to keep inventory and push people towards custom builds so they can make a run in December on inventory vehicles....

Lots of speculations but no answers but as of Saturday my OA said he had a guy come in wanting an inventory car and they literally had to tell him no...

anyone else hear about this?

I was told the same thing two weeks ago. He said on a morning call it was announced they had a shortage of test drive vehicles and a deadline of Oct 31st would be the last day they could sell inventory cars. I locked up a nice 75 RWD by Oct 31st. At the time i was a little skeptable of this and thought maybe it was a sales tactic to get me to reserve one before the end of the month. Since then, ive heard you cant get inventory cars but find it hard to believe they would turn down a sale.

I ordered one from this last batch of already produced RWD cars. Mine came off the line about 10 days ago. They called me today to let me know that it was going to be 4-5 weeks for delivery because they are shipping it to Birmingham, AL via TRAIN. Go figure. At this point, I will be lucky to take delivery before the end of the year.

the "official" site has 1 single inventory 100D listed... maybe you can do it online but the salesperson told me word for word that they are not allowed to sell inventory cars... it was described as a temporary freeze...

It is also my understanding that if you buy a custom order then sometimes they can "find" a car already in production that matches your build... then they can deliver that car to you before the end of Q4 and with no inventory discount... the more cars they have in inventory the more options they have to move them before the end of the year in this scenario... (my conspiracy theory)... I would imagine though that around thanksgiving the inventory market will take off through the end of the year.

the "official" site has 1 single inventory 100D listed... maybe you can do it online but the salesperson told me word for word that they are not allowed to sell inventory cars... it was described as a temporary freeze...

It is also my understanding that if you buy a custom order then sometimes they can "find" a car already in production that matches your build... then they can deliver that car to you before the end of Q4 and with no inventory discount... the more cars they have in inventory the more options they have to move them before the end of the year in this scenario... (my conspiracy theory)... I would imagine though that around thanksgiving the inventory market will take off through the end of the year.
The official site has lots of inventory cars listed but they are limited by geography. If you try other ZIP codes or look at a site such as Tesla Inventory Search that shows inventory for the entire country, you can see nearly 90 inventory cars. Currently, there are at least 60 Model S 100D inventory cars available.

Reactions: thegooch49
My OA told me they froze inventory as well for a few days. Given at earnings they announced a 10% reduction in MS & MX builds, I suspect inventory mgmt is part of how they will cover it and actually reduce manuf. further than 10% - their goal will be to show a reduction of 10% in sales, freeing up more resources for M3 issues.

I just ordered a car (with a discount) that was pre-prod, but in "inventory". So it is possible to get a discount on them still.

I ordered one from this last batch of already produced RWD cars. Mine came off the line about 10 days ago. They called me today to let me know that it was going to be 4-5 weeks for delivery because they are shipping it to Birmingham, AL via TRAIN. Go figure. At this point, I will be lucky to take delivery before the end of the year.
I’m in the same boat. I live in Mississippi and bought a 75 RWD on the 26th. It had just been commented within the past week or two before I bought it. But they decided to place it on a train to get it to the Nashville showroom. Right now they are saying mid to late Novemember. I could have flown out to Fremont and just picked it up there! The wait is killing me lol.

How did you do this? What should I tell my OA that get a discounted preproduction vehicle?

Honestly not sure. I had been looking for a couple months to find the build I wanted (or would accept) from inventory. My OA had pointed me to a few, but I usually found them on my own. I had told him, I knew I was running out of time to ensure year end and ordering was my fall back. He pinged me and said - check this one out. It goes into production next week, it was my exact build and was marked down as an inventory car. I'm guessing someone ordered it and backed out, it was marked to go to any dealer as inventory. I ordered it before Halloween to lock in the SC and $1K offer. It's on a delivery truck right now.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    387.1 KB · Views: 126
  • Love
Reactions: thegooch49