TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

For those who are towing, the new Supercharger expansion map looks great!

Discussion in 'Model X' started by ecarfan, Apr 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

For those who are towing with their X, the new Supercharger map showing the new locations that Tesla is targeting to complete this year (labeled "Target opening by end of 2017) and those that are labeled "Coming soon" or "Target opening date to be confirmed (by end of 2018, I hope) is really good news. Since towing any type of camper trailer reduces range by roughly half, the need for more Superchargers and closer spacing is very important for those who tow. I won't be getting my camper trailer until spring 2018, and I'm very pleased with the new Supercharger map!

2. Duckjybe

Duckjybe Member

And hopefully some pull through stalls?

• Like x 1
  3. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

That would also be very helpful. The problem I see with that stall design is that people who aren't towing will use it even if there are other stalls available because they won't realize what it is designed for. Of course a special sign on that stall would help, but not prevent such an occurrence.

Still, better at least one pull through stall then none!

• Like x 2
  4. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

The 'artist's rendering' had stalls in a row (like an <eek> gas station), so, even if no 'trailer' stalls were explicitly built, you could take up two, or hang your end out of one, depending on what was open at the time. All that depends a lot on real estate options, of course.

5. JHWJR

JHWJR Member

Not soon enough for my cross-country trip in late May.... But very good to know for future use.

6. teethdood

teethdood Member

Still too many big gaps in my opinion. For example, no supercharger on the 99 between Fresno and Bakersfield in CA, or hardly any at all on the 99, whereas I5 gets a bunch of closely spaced SCs.