Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For those who feel personally victimized by Uncle Elon’s EDD ping pong game!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ll be the first start… Ordered my MYLR MSM 19” Tow, no FSD on 9/20/2021 with an immediate EDD of March… I have a beautiful 2 week window from mid to late March and then got slapped with an EDD of April 26th-May 31s. I figured other folks needed a venting thread! Post away! No Daddy Musk Cultists please! Lol 😝
What does the E stand for in EDD?

I’ll be the first start… Ordered my MYLR MSM 19” Tow, no FSD on 9/20/2021 with an immediate EDD of March… I have a beautiful 2 week window from mid to late March and then got slapped with an EDD of April 26th-May 31s. I figured other folks needed a venting thread! Post away! No Daddy Musk Cultists please! Lol 😝
You can start by thanking the thousands of clowns that put their 2021 order on hold till 2022 hoping for a government rebate check.

"personally victimized"? Come on, this is just silly.

Of couse it would be nice to have a solid EDD, but given uncertainties related to significant supply-chain issues, a new major war, trying to get a new factory open, etc, etc, I honestly don't see how a precise EDD could be given.
I have X orders, I can make Y cars per month +/- 20%, or even +/-50%. Divide. Hardly rocket science to get an estimate that doesn't move many months both ways within a matter of weeks. The "supply chain" excuse is getting old, it's been a fact of life for over a year now, a good procurement group will have supply chain delays baked into their plans.

I don't think anyone is looking for precision, though with the last two cars I ordered new I was told shortly after placing my orders what week they would be manufactured in and what week they would be delivered. Nailing a two month window shouldn't be that hard.

It's either incompetence or some stupid head game.

It's either incompetence or some stupid head game.
I think that most of us understand these things take time and are willing to patiently wait for our order to be fulfilled. But I am sure that virtually all of us do not like being jerked around. We have other lives and schedules and plans. I am beginning to think that these wildly changing EDDs are a great source of entertainment for someone. I get it, considering the cost of entertainment these days. But in the context of a business, it makes you look incompetent and undermines any sense of confidence from potential customers. That’s not good. Couple that with a lack of fundamental communication and you have a rather explosive mixture.

I will not bore you with my experiences of being repeatedly booted to the back of the line. By that I mean an EDD that is in range or later than those that new orders are currently receiving. But you can see that many are having the same experiences. Here is an inquiry I sent to Tesla the first time I got booted:

“Something has gone terribly wrong with my order RNXX and I would like someone to look into it please. My delivery window was end of March and got pushed back months after getting a text about a trade in for my upcoming delivery (no trade). I know others, as far away as the East coast with this exact configuration, who ordered after me have received their vehicles. Was it something I did or didn’t do to get bumped to the back of the line? Not feeling valued as a customer right now. Please no canned generic responses.”

I think you know what kind of response I got.

At least being here has made me realize I am in good company. To my astonishment, it isn’t all about me after all. It’s not personal, just bad business.

Gotta keep a sense of humor though…..

• Disagree
Reactions: FlyerDude
I think that most of us understand these things take time and are willing to patiently wait for our order to be fulfilled. But I am sure that virtually all of us do not like being jerked around. We have other lives and schedules and plans. I am beginning to think that these wildly changing EDDs are a great source of entertainment for someone. I get it, considering the cost of entertainment these days. But in the context of a business, it makes you look incompetent and undermines any sense of confidence from potential customers. That’s not good. Couple that with a lack of fundamental communication and you have a rather explosive mixture.

I will not bore you with my experiences of being repeatedly booted to the back of the line. By that I mean an EDD that is in range or later than those that new orders are currently receiving. But you can see that many are having the same experiences. Here is an inquiry I sent to Tesla the first time I got booted:

“Something has gone terribly wrong with my order RNXX and I would like someone to look into it please. My delivery window was end of March and got pushed back months after getting a text about a trade in for my upcoming delivery (no trade). I know others, as far away as the East coast with this exact configuration, who ordered after me have received their vehicles. Was it something I did or didn’t do to get bumped to the back of the line? Not feeling valued as a customer right now. Please no canned generic responses.”

I think you know what kind of response I got.

At least being here has made me realize I am in good company. To my astonishment, it isn’t all about me after all. It’s not personal, just bad business.

Gotta keep a sense of humor though…..

Already that video made me laugh. She is not wrong, I would be but more appreciative when the car came if I was on call 24/7 to pick up my car if the final ETA was a 1 month window

Tesla reported results today and they sold more cars than this same time last year while basically every other car manufacturer sold less cars. So you think you’re having a hard time getting a Tesla, random joe is having a hard time finding a carolla

that being said i always relish an opportunity to mock Elon but sadly don’t think anything could be done differently here

sadly don’t think anything could be done differently here
Really? You don't think communication could be improved? I ran a company with global customers for over 20 years. Communication was job one. Murphy's law is always in play. Good communication mitigates the damage and makes the customer feel valued. Luckily most people in the world speak English well enough. Which was good for me as I am still a monoglot. :rolleyes:

Los Angeles, CA (Pick-up Buena Park)

OD: 9/28/21

M3 RWD Black w/ Black Int | Aero Wheels | No FSD

EDD: March 2022 (as of 9/28/21 - 1/5/22)
EDD: June 2022 (as of 1/5/22 - 1/20/22)
EDD: March 7 - March 31 (as of 1/21/22 - 1/30/22)
EDD: April 21 - May 19 (as of 1/31/22 - 3/14/22)
EDD: March 18 - March 31 (as of 3/15/22 - 3/18/22)
EDD: April 28 - June 02 (as of 3/19/22)

Last year experience was a breeze. I placed my MYLR on 3/8 and got it delivered on 3/21.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Rodney!