Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For those who have current Model X reservations (Jan 27 or before)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
got off the phone with the local sales rep and they informed me that if I go in an edit then finalize my order by Feb 28 I will only be charged a $8k price increase and that my FSD price will be the same (I reserved in October so it would still be at $8k for me)

if you don’t have that in writing you better be darn sure before you change the order.

Yes I have the current purchase agreement saved and have explicitly discussed with the rep if something goes wrong that they'll open an internal case for me, so they know of my personal situation, I'd suggest to others in a similar boat to have a local contact they are working with before making any changes online.

I had a confirmed reservation as well (Jan 26th order ;) ) and got the call today with the pitch of a $2k off. So basically they will not honor the old purchase agreement, and the price will rise as well as the delivery times slip big time. I am based in Spain, and my previous order was showing March/April, and now they are telling me September. That is quite frustrating...

I wonder if I should react at all and try to insist on the old order agreement.

No call here but stopped in to local Store and rep said there will be limited run of current model to try to fulfill orders, with no promise of delivery, you may get presented with an alternate.

I don't trust the $2K discount unless its in writing on the web page or writing in a letter or email. We all know what poor CS Tesla has. I was charged excess supercharging idle time when my car was in for service and only $12 took 3 months to credit.

Going to hold tight on my order, let them cancel it or see what they will deliver in March/April. Still not likely to spend extra $8K. They should have suspended orders in late Dec/Jan knowing what their plans were.

Was at Mission Viejo Tesla shop and was not offered 2k discount to switch over to refresh. They did honor 8k FSD though which is a good otherwise would have been pissed. Confused on delivery timeline though. Musk on earning call said model s February delivery and model x a few weeks after that. Tesla rep told me late April in shop though. Hoping for sooner.

Was at Mission Viejo Tesla shop and was not offered 2k discount to switch over to refresh. They did honor 8k FSD though which is a good otherwise would have been pissed. Confused on delivery timeline though. Musk on earning call said model s February delivery and model x a few weeks after that. Tesla rep told me late April in shop though. Hoping for sooner.
I was told April as well.

No call here but stopped in to local Store and rep said there will be limited run of current model to try to fulfill orders, with no promise of delivery, you may get presented with an alternate.

I don't trust the $2K discount unless its in writing on the web page or writing in a letter or email. We all know what poor CS Tesla has. I was charged excess supercharging idle time when my car was in for service and only $12 took 3 months to credit.

Going to hold tight on my order, let them cancel it or see what they will deliver in March/April. Still not likely to spend extra $8K. They should have suspended orders in late Dec/Jan knowing what their plans were.
The old model is no longer being produced. The factory has been changed over. The only option left is inventory vehicle is you’re determined to get last generation model.

I had a confirmed reservation as well (Jan 26th order ;) ) and got the call today with the pitch of a $2k off. So basically they will not honor the old purchase agreement, and the price will rise as well as the delivery times slip big time. I am based in Spain, and my previous order was showing March/April, and now they are telling me September. That is quite frustrating...

I wonder if I should react at all and try to insist on the old order agreement.

Ordered mine Jan 8 and haven’t heard from anyone. Truth is, I’d prefer the older model at a discount rather than pay the premium for the refresh

Got an interesting text from Costa Mesa delivery center asking if I would be ok with delivery before April and if not what timeline would I want. Not sure if they were implying they have a few old model X still needing to be moved because as soon as I said I’ll take earliest refresh model x off the line they said that would be April. If anyone trying to find a pre refresh model x maybe try hitting up the delivery centers. They may have some still.

• Informative
Reactions: elguapo