Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki For those who have placed an order for a new 3.0 battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a call back from Tesla! It wasn't a "bring it right in we are ready for you" but they did give me some info on why the delay. Not sure how much of this info is out there already (or even accurate I guess), but here is what I heard. They are consolidating Bay Area Roadster expertise into a single workshop in Fremont. He says this (once up and running?) will mean faster Roadster service because everything will be consolidated in one place. But for now they are still working through 2015 backlog -- I feel like the guy in the grocery store standing at the end of the one long line as they get ready to open up new registers! He also said that turnaround time is depending on parts becoming available and that actually means 2.x's go quicker because there are a lot more of them out there. Then he said a lot of nice stuff about how Roadsters are still important to Tesla and this new single workshop should help make everything better and I should not feel like I am being neglected. So there you go.....

• Informative
Reactions: RobsJester
They are consolidating Bay Area Roadster expertise into a single workshop in Fremont.
Thanks for info. By "workshop in Fremont" I assume you mean the existing Tesla Service Center in Fremont?

Your post implies that SF Bay Area Roadster service will only be done in Fremont, but I doubt that is what is happening. Or do you mean that all 3.0 battery installs for the SF Bay Area will only be done in Fremont?

The Roadster parts issue seems pretty bad. My Roadster is in Fremont getting the 3.0 battery upgrade, but parts are scattered around and it's been more than two weeks to get the job done. There are (or were) a lot of Roadsters in the Bay Area, but having a local shop doesn't help much if they have to stop work to get parts sent from another shop. Fundamentally, even here, there are not enough Roadsters to justify many Roadster shops here.