Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For those who have taken their Tesla to a track day, let me (and the community) know what kind of range you got!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First, I know this is under the Model S section, but I'm curious about all models. And I know there are some track-focused threads, but I didn't see much about range.

I'm curious to see what kind of range people have seen at track days, HPDE events, etc. Whatever details you have would be super helpful as well. Model, year, and trim level of course, but also things like which track(s), wheel size, how hard were you pushing it, were you using mostly regen braking or a lot of mechanical braking as well, how was the weather, etc. I assume your AC was off but if it wasn't, note that as well.
Obviously, range is an issue when it comes to EVs at track days, but it's an issue for ICE vehicles as well, but of course those can fuel up faster and at a track day, that actually matters with limited time between sessions and a supercharger (or other fast charger) often not nearby. For comparison, my BMW M4 gets 5.5-6 mpg when pushing hard at my local-ish track. That's 80 miles if I'm lucky which doesn't cover a full day. I have to fill up at lunch time otherwise I won't be able to complete the afternoon sessions.