Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For those who received the "SEPTEMBER" text, did you get a VIN/take delivery this month?

For those who received the "SEPTEMBER" text, did you get a VIN/take delivery this month?

• Yes, received VIN/took or planning to take delivery this month

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • No, have not received VIN or any delivery appt

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We're in the final day of the month and quarter today! Pretty sure everyone has VINs and scheduled deliveries at this point, or close to it. Wanting to do a quick poll to see if the "SEPTEMBER" text was actually indicative of anything. On the date these texts went out, there were people who reported they received similar texts last quarter and said it was meaningless.

What is the "SEPTEMBER" text?​

On September 15, some people received a text message from Tesla:
Tesla Update - We currently plan to build and deliver your Model Y in September.

Please reply SEPTEMBER if you are ready for delivery this month and we will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model Y is built. Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out after September.
There was no response from the sender phone number after replying "SEPTEMBER".

For the record, I received my message from a 510 number on September 15 at 3pm PT. I replied "SEPTEMBER" a few minutes later and did not receive a response. I took delivery on 9/22. I had not received messages from this 510 number previously, but did receive later messages from Tesla to confirm my delivery appt and to communicate with them.

Received the text. Received an additional text that they intended to deliver my car the last week of September. Received a VIN on the 26th for about 2 hrs. Then it all disappeared. SA said I should expert a new VIN and expect delivery the 30th. Never happened. Got bumped to a new generic 20-day delivery window in October.

Reactions: jebinc
Received the text. Received an additional text that they intended to deliver my car the last week of September. Received a VIN on the 26th for about 2 hrs. Then it all disappeared. SA said I should expert a new VIN and expect delivery the 30th. Never happened. Got bumped to a new generic 20-day delivery window in October.
Looks like we had the same experience, also went from a VIN to delivery of 9/30 to VIN disappearing and EDD 10/3‐10/19

Reactions: Starway2001
Per your signature the OD is 4/30. How come you still don't have the car? Have you changed the configuration that delayed the delivery?
I have no clue. Completed my profile 2 days after OD and never modified anything to my order. Just kept waiting, waiting, calling and pestering them, then waiting, calling again, waiting calling again, then back to waiting.