Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For those with free unlimited supercharging...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you ever seen this on your charge screen? Owned the car for 2 years with free unlimited supercharging and I've never seen this until last night. I supercharged fine, just wondering why it shows up now.

In the lower right hand corner of the image, it says "Payment Method Required" in a red box. Nothing happens if I tap it though.

Attachments

• 20200830_184457.jpg
    20200830_184457.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 444
  • Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
any chance you accrued an idle fee recently?

I’ve never seen that notification, but do have a card on file.
No I always stop the supercharging manually and unplug right away. I should've mentioned I don't have a card on file. Never have. But it's so bizarre to have it pop up after all these years. I thought a reboot would make it go away. Nope still there.

Does anyone with FUSC have "last session info" on the charging page where the "no credit card on file" icon appears at lower right in the image above? I've had a number of supercharging sessions but it always remains blank, no data. I'm wondering if they pull that data from billing and thus those of us with FUSC basically have empty fields in the database.

Only because I'm a little salty towards Tesla these days... the FUSC that came in my purchase agreement didn't mention idle fees, and it wasn't something I agreed to. I haven't SC'd in awhile but I also don't have a card on file, we'll see if I get the same message.

For the sake of argument, what leg do they have to stand on if supercharging was sold as free and unlimited? They don't own the spaces (usually the city owns parking lots, depending on the place), so they are charging me a fee to park in a spot thats not owned by them, using a network that was advertised as free and unlimited with no strings attached (at least on my old 2013 contract).

Concerned at how the slow-creep may grow to a total take over of what FUSC was (see: 24 hour fitness lifetime membership case study lol)

• Love
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Does anyone with FUSC have "last session info" on the charging page where the "no credit card on file" icon appears at lower right in the image above? I've had a number of supercharging sessions but it always remains blank, no data. I'm wondering if they pull that data from billing and thus those of us with FUSC basically have empty fields in the database.
Ours shows a charge but we bought the car in early 2017 when FUSC wasn't originally included for the S100D. When Tesla brought FUSC back for S & X later in 2017, they gave it to those who had already purchased the S100D but we still have a record of that first Supercharge 3 years ago.

• Informative
Reactions: drklain
Only because I'm a little salty towards Tesla these days... the FUSC that came in my purchase agreement didn't mention idle fees, and it wasn't something I agreed to. I haven't SC'd in awhile but I also don't have a card on file, we'll see if I get the same message.

For the sake of argument, what leg do they have to stand on if supercharging was sold as free and unlimited? They don't own the spaces (usually the city owns parking lots, depending on the place), so they are charging me a fee to park in a spot thats not owned by them, using a network that was advertised as free and unlimited with no strings attached (at least on my old 2013 contract).

Concerned at how the slow-creep may grow to a total take over of what FUSC was (see: 24 hour fitness lifetime membership case study lol)

Your car includes free unlimited super CHARGING, not free unlimited super parking. I'm sure they're well within their rights to bill you for blocking a stall while not charging and then shutting off your access if you refuse to pay. Nearly all (admittedly not all, but nearly all) Superchargers I've visited are clearly marked as "Tesla charging only".

Your car includes free unlimited super CHARGING, not free unlimited super parking. I'm sure they're well within their rights to bill you for blocking a stall while not charging and then shutting off your access if you refuse to pay. Nearly all (admittedly not all, but nearly all) Superchargers I've visited are clearly marked as "Tesla charging only".
Who hangs out at superchargers for fun anyway?