Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For those with upgraded coilovers, can you help me?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This isn't a typical is it better/is it worth the cost thread. I already have MPP's in my car and I really like them, and enjoy driving now.

My question to all you folks that upgraded your cars, can you:

Compare with me, the Tesla original part numbers of the shocks and springs that were taken out of your Model Y? I want to compare our part numbers to see if there were indeed any differences between the manufacture date ranges of our cars. I've read in a few places that Tesla upgraded and changed the suspension in Model Y's throughout the range of builds from 2020 to now, and I've also (I think) I've seen a page with different part numbers. But until I can actually see a part from a car, I'm not ready to say Tesla improved the suspension. I'm also interested to see how different the Performance parts are. Do they have the same shocks and different springs? Or different springs AND shocks? Or did they (hope this isn't the case).....cut the springs of an LR to make them shorter?

Here are my parts:

Front Spring: 1188064-00-A 14.5" overall length
Rear Spring: 1188474-00-B 12.5" overall length

Front Shock: 1188363-00-E
Rear Shock: 1188463-00-C

My MYLR(5) build date is 6/2020

The more info posted the better, thanks everyone!

Attachments

• IMG_6077.jpg
    IMG_6077.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_6080.jpg
    IMG_6080.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_6081.jpg
    IMG_6081.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_6082.jpg
    IMG_6082.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_6083.jpg
    IMG_6083.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: whisperingshad
There was a post lurking around somewhere that these shocks were possibly made by Ohlins.

After looking at the budget construction consisting of stamped, bent, sheet metal, struck end caps, thin rods, I would be very surprised if these were made by Ohlins. My guess is they were sourced by an mass-market OEM shock supplier in Mexico. Not able to find any manufacturer’s stampings though.