Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For those with V11 - What Version is the map data?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jjrandorin

Moderator, Model 3 / Y, Tesla Energy Forums
Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA
As per thread title, I am curious what is the current map version. I just took a look at my model 3, and noticed that the maps version has a version number that starts in "2020", implying its more than a year old.

I am wondering if this is the latest version of the map data or if I am somehow missing later maps that have been released. Specific version my car is on:

IMG_1074.JPG

As per thread title, I am curious what is the current map version. I just took a look at my model 3, and noticed that the maps version has a version number that starts in "2020", implying its more than a year old.

I am wondering if this is the latest version of the map data or if I am somehow missing later maps that have been released. Specific version my car is on:

View attachment 751141
Same for me, maybe they are skipping the IE folks

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
I have the same 2020-48-12628 on my V11 Model 3 (with the FSD Beta 10.8.1) and my older Model S at V10.2.

My guess is that the map revision is labeled wrong, and should be 2021-48-12628 because there are things on my map that didn't exist in 2020.

According to Tesla hacker GreenTheOnly, Tesla is now getting ready to release updated maps. The new map data is version NA-2021.44-13555 in the US, while the previous version in the US is NA-2020.48.

View attachment 751141

Same for me, maybe they are skipping the IE folks

Not all of them, just some :) On my 3 LRAWD w/ 2021.44.30.5 (FSD 10.8.1) I've got the 2021.44 maps. But on my wife's Y LRAWD w/ 2022.4 she still has the 2020.48 maps. So pretty random, likely just working their way into upgrading the map data for the fleet.

Given that we're talking multiple GBs worth of downloads per car, not surprising that they don't want their servers completely swamped...

It looks like a new navigation map update is being rolled out in North America (Version NA-2021.44-13555). Some have reported getting it. This update apparently is done in the background with no notice except on the car's software tab when downloading/updating. Does anyone know how Tesla determines which cars and on what schedule this new update is deployed?

It looks like a new navigation map update is being rolled out in North America (Version NA-2021.44-13555). Some have reported getting it. This update apparently is done in the background with no notice except on the car's software tab when downloading/updating. Does anyone know how Tesla determines which cars and on what schedule this new update is deployed?

I dont have any idea how they determine map roll outs (or any other software update roll out either.

I do have the 2021.X.X maps now, though. I checked a few days ago when I saw people mention them. There was no notice for me to download or install, its a silent install, unlike software update.s