Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For Trade 2017 Model X P100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Too bad there isn’t tax savings on a private trade like this (I’m also in Buffalo). I have a LR AWD 3 with FSD and want to upgrade to an X. Taxes would kill the deal for me. I’m going to just end up waiting for the truck when it comes out and deal with the no space issue for now.

Too bad there isn’t tax savings on a private trade like this (I’m also in Buffalo). I have a LR AWD 3 with FSD and want to upgrade to an X. Taxes would kill the deal for me. I’m going to just end up waiting for the truck when it comes out and deal with the no space issue for now.

Tax still only on the portion of it though, not full amount.

Last edited:
Im not sure what point you are trying to make. The X or 3 value in your opinion is not accurate?
The point is that Model X KBB listed values are still too high because their numbers still haven’t caught up with the newer prices. If you look at what Tesla will sell a new Performance X compared to what that used 2017 is listed at it makes little sense to buy their 2017. Tesla lists and sells demo 2018’s and 2019’s for what they are listing that ‘17 for. Tesla trade numbers are not far off what the used market will actually bear by the time you add back in 7 to 8 or 9% tax advantage of trading the car in. The $10-$15k confusion is because the KBB retail numbers are not actually sale transaction prices but based on retail listed prices that are not up to date yet with the newer lower trending prices due to cheaper sticker numbers. When Tesla finally retails their trades the final transaction sale prices are not far from the trade in price they gave plus they are adding the 4/50 warranties. I have tracked quite a few trades that I knew both trade and sale numbers on.

The point is that Model X KBB listed values are still too high because their numbers still haven’t caught up with the newer prices. If you look at what Tesla will sell a new Performance X compared to what that used 2017 is listed at it makes little sense to buy their 2017. Tesla lists and sells demo 2018’s and 2019’s for what they are listing that ‘17 for. Tesla trade numbers are not far off what the used market will actually bear by the time you add back in 7 to 8 or 9% tax advantage of trading the car in. The $10-$15k confusion is because the KBB retail numbers are not actually sale transaction prices but based on retail listed prices that are not up to date yet with the newer lower trending prices due to cheaper sticker numbers. When Tesla finally retails their trades the final transaction sale prices are not far from the trade in price they gave plus they are adding the 4/50 warranties. I have tracked quite a few trades that I knew both trade and sale numbers on.

A loaded Performance X is still $127k on Tesla configurator.

EVCPO shows low mileage (demonstrators?) discounted to $110-115k. They might sell demos in the $80-90k price range but mileage is up or equipment lacking. Or, you have insider assistance?

Found a similar vehicle vehicle to mine on Tesla inventory for $86k.

They offered me $13k less than what they would sell it for retail.

Unfortunately everything I am seeing doesn’t correlate with some of your info.

What I do agree with is that Tesla is valuing the S and X less and less.

I’d be really curious what type of trade numbers people are offered on their 2018 model 3, will look in that forum to see if there is any chatter.

Free supercharging won’t transfer correct? Tesla offers free lifetime supercharging on X which can add up to $50,000 over 100,000 miles.

i phoned the ownership experience team at tesla and found the following - which pertains to my vehicle and could be beneficial to someone else's situation, too.

my vehicle was ordered in november of 2016 and was built march 4th 2017, delivered march 30th. the representative did a bit of research and checked with her supervisor. "model s or x, ordered before january 15th 2017 and delivered before april 15th 2017 remains with the vehicle. it's bound to the car and stays valid with ownership change or sale."

she did add that somethings could invalidate that - auctions, 7 owners in history, etc, etc.

This looks to be the Model X I've been on the lookout for since March 2019. Light colored interior, ventilated seats, AP2+ Bonus, I'm in Michigan so distance to pickup not a challenge compared to finding a car in Texas or California.

*SIGH* not in the budget range. I'm keeping an eye on this thread.

This looks to be the Model X I've been on the lookout for since March 2019. Light colored interior, ventilated seats, AP2+ Bonus, I'm in Michigan so distance to pickup not a challenge compared to finding a car in Texas or California.

*SIGH* not in the budget range. I'm keeping an eye on this thread.

Listing my 2018 MX 100D soon not sure what budget you're in.