Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For use with Tesla Model 3: Porsche 911 Turbo jack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PART 5 - Tesla Model 3 Super-Lightweight Emergency Car Jack

As we all know, Teslas do not come with a spare tire, car lift jack, breaker bar or a torque wrench in order to save weight and thus extend range. Every ounce counts with EV’s and most emergency kits are about 20lb of additional weight. Most aftermarket car jacks on-line are cheap, weak and very heavy, thus negatively impacting range and being very dangerous to use.

After a lot of searching I read a post about an incredible jack that only weighs in at 2lb, yet is very solid, safe and easy to use.

This amazing OEM car jack is made in Germany by Porsche for the 1999 Porsche 911 Turbo, and is the most lightweight and durable car jack you can get anywhere. It can be easily kept in the deep hold of the Tesla trunk, and given how small and lightweight it is, it will have no effect on range or take up almost any space.

Lifting capacity of this jack is an amazing 1000KG (2200 lbs) so more than enough to jack up one wheel of even the heaviest of the Tesla Model 3 cars, the AWD/AWD Performance variants.

Both Porsche and Tesla use special lifting jack point locations under the car, and a special hole or groove for the jack, to ensure it does not slip, and is in the optimal position. This prevents injury and costly damage to the battery.

From factory the Porsche jack comes with an elongated oval nub, however Tesla’s need a smaller round nub so normally this jack would not fit. Therefore the nub on this jack has been machined to the exact size of the Tesla jack point to ensure a perfect fit and stability. A piece of gasket rubber has also been added to protect the car from metal on metal contact, and ensure no scratches occur on the car during operation.

This jack is now ready to use with no worries or any other adjustments, and has a 3” to 10” range, perfect for the low clearance of Tesla’s.

Model: Porsche OEM
Part Number: 000.721.711.05
Dimensions: 12” length, 4” width, 3” height (closed), 10.5” height (fully extended)
Weight: 2lb, 7oz
Modifications: Adjusted Top Nub to fit standard 1” Tesla Jack point hole. Rubber gasket added for protecting the car from scratches.

P.S. I have an extra original Porsche Jack & Crank Handle that has been modified as described here in order to be a perfect fit for the Tesla Model 3. If anyone wants it I am selling it at cost + calculated shipping.

PICTURES:

KMaE9Ap.jpg

6ZBcASx.jpg

yS8rgLj.jpg

9k9wMVa.jpg

VHKP67l.jpg

jO33tIC.jpg

P.S. I have an extra original Porsche Jack & Crank Handle that has been modified as described here in order to be a perfect fit for the Tesla Model 3. If anyone wants it I am selling it at cost + calculated shipping.

Let me know your thoughts, ask questions and come back for more "ELECTRA" mods and upgrades…

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Kevy Baby
PART 5 - Tesla Model 3 Super-Lightweight Emergency Car Jack

As we all know, Tesla’s do not come with a spare tire, car lift jack, breaker bar or a torque wrench in order to save weight and thus extend range. Every ounce counts with EV’s and most emergency kits are about 20lb of additional weight. Most aftermarket car jacks on-line are cheap, weak and very heavy, thus negatively impacting range and being very dangerous to use.

After a lot of searching I read a post about an incredible jack that only weighs in at 2lb, yet is very solid, safe and easy to use.

This amazing OEM car jack is made in Germany by Porsche for the 1999 Porsche 911 Turbo, and is the most lightweight and durable car jack you can get anywhere. It can be easily kept in the deep hold of the Tesla trunk, and given how small and lightweight it is, it will have no effect on range or take up almost any space.

Lifting capacity of this jack is an amazing 1000KG (2200 lbs) so more than enough to jack up one wheel of even the heaviest of the Tesla Model 3 cars, the AWD/AWD Performance variants.

Both Porsche and Tesla use special lifting jack point locations under the car, and a special hole or groove for the jack, to ensure it does not slip, and is in the optimal position. This prevents injury and costly damage to the battery.

From factory the Porsche jack comes with an elongated oval nub, however Tesla’s need a smaller round nub so normally this jack would not fit. Therefore the nub on this jack has been machined to the exact size of the Tesla jack point to ensure a perfect fit and stability. A piece of gasket rubber has also been added to protect the car from metal on metal contact, and ensure no scratches occur on the car during operation.

This jack is now ready to use with no worries or any other adjustments, and has a 3” to 10” range, perfect for the low clearance of Tesla’s.

Model: Porsche OEM
Part Number: 000.721.711.05
Dimensions: 12” length, 4” width, 3” height (closed), 10.5” height (fully extended)
Weight: 2lb, 7oz
Modifications: Adjusted Top Nub to fit standard 1” Tesla Jack point hole. Rubber gasket added for protecting the car from scratches.

PICTURES:

KMaE9Ap.jpg

6ZBcASx.jpg

yS8rgLj.jpg

9k9wMVa.jpg

VHKP67l.jpg

jO33tIC.jpg

Let me know your thoughts, ask questions and come back for more "ELECTRA" mods and upgrades…
Do you still have the jack for sale? I’m interested. Thanks!